Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 HAS MADE AN ERROR ON MY CREDIT FILE

Sibreen
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I used to have 3 lines under my account, including the number ending in 895 as well as an Apple Watch. In December 2022 I wanted to leave O2 due to the poor network coverage in my area and I called O2 to check whether that would have any impact on my watch as the number ending in 895 is the lead number and I was told on 2 occasions no. I was first told that it would have no impact as I have 2 other lines and as the account is still under my name it would just roll over. I then disconnected my line and in my next direct debit a sum of £255 was taken which was the remaining balance of the device plan of the watch. I then called O2 again and they said to me that it should not have been charged and I was then refunded the money. This then apparently became an outstanding balance on my account and lead to my account being in arrears. O2 cancelled my direct debit and said that they can not reinstate it and I need to pay up. This is not an amount I agreed to pay as I was misinformed twice by O2.

I had been in constant calls with O2 throughout this time. I had been hung up on, transferred over several times, told I would get a call back from a manager etc and for a while never did. I was 9 months pregnant and due to give birth anytime and I have spent hours on the phone with O2 to resolve this issue. Finally a manager spoke to me, understood the whole issue and compensated me that £255 and closed the account down - this would be visible on my account and my account notes too. I was also told that the payment showing on my credit file as payments in arrears would also be taken off as it is incorrect however this has not been the case and despite calling so much nobody is taking any action. The amendments team are doing nothing, nobody is responding back.

I put an offer in for a house that has been accepted and my broker has informed me that my offer will have to be revoked because the error O2 has made is not going to allow my mortgage application to progress. I need O2 to remove the payments in arrears on my credit file from January 2023 - February 2023 as this is inaccurate. This payment was not to be made in the first place. It is incorrect and there is enough evidence to prove this. Especially with the compensation given to me. The calls are all recorded. Please remove the error, this is going to cost me and my family my house.

@Martin-O2 Please can you help

@MI5 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Sibreen
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

The only thing the amendments team has said is that the account is showing as 'settled' which is correct BUT the payments in arrears are incorrect and need to be removed. @Martin-O2 please help. My next course of action will have to go legal, and I really want to avoid that

Message 2 of 5

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10233 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3014 Solutions

@Sibreen 

There is an easier way to get this resolved, contact the CRA and ask them to raise a query, with o2, but bare in mind the CRA's can take upto 60/90 days (dependent on the CRA) to remove any marks from your credit account.

Have a look at Transunion, Experian, or ClearScore to see how to raise the query...

Or have a look at the resolver service..

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 3 of 5

Martin-O2
Former Staff
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Hey @Sibreen I'll drop you a message to grab some details so we can look into this one for you. 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 4 of 5

Sibreen
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi @Martin-O2 still waiting for your message. I have dropped you one though 

Message 5 of 5