cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 Family Plan - Additional Line Discount is Evolving!

Wa10
Level 19: Quirky
  • 418 Posts
  • 32 Topics
  • 29 Solutions

I think most people are familiar with the O2 Additional Line Discount, which offers an airtime loyalty discount of 20% on eligible Refresh contracts taken out by existing customers, and 10% on eligible Sim Only deals - however did you know that this is evolving into something bigger and better?

Additional Line Discount will still apply for SIMO deals, and will be applied for in the same way as before, however from 15th June this is being replaced by O2 Family Plan for eligible Refresh contracts!

Took your additional line out before 15th June 2017?

Don't worry, you will still be eligible for the Additional Line Discount in the same way as before - subject to the exclusions set down in the link above. Just text LOYALTY to 21500 and then follow the instructions which will be sent to you by text. If it's an eligible Refresh deal, then you will qualify for 20% discount on the airtime part of the plan for the duration of the contract, and if it's an eligible SIMO deal you will qualify for 10% the same as before.

Took your additional line out after 15th June 2017?

Great news! Whilst you no longer qualify for the Additional Line Discount (unless it's a SIMO, in which case please see above) you may instead be entitled to a potentially higher discount as part of the new O2 Family Plan. There are again a number of exclusions which apply, and you can find full details of these by following the link above. With the O2 Family Plan, the discounts keep on growing - so the more lines you add, the greater the discount you receive on the airtime for your new connection. 

Additional connectionDiscount
First20% on that connection
Second30% on that connection
Third40% on that connection
Fourth or more50% on that connection

Another hidden perk with O2 Family Plan is that this discount isn't limited to just the named account holder of the lead device, but also extends to other Refresh contracts taken out at the same address by other family members - meaning that everybody in the household gets to share the benefits. slight_smile

You still apply in the same way, simply text LOYALTY to 21500 and then follow the instructions you will receive - this keeps it simple, as even if you're not sure why type/level of discount you could be entitled to, you just need to apply and the correct discount will be added automatically for you.

The discount isn't just limited to Refresh connections with a mobile phone either, other devices such as Mobile Broadband (dongles and MiFi) and tablets can also qualify so long as the tariff is eligible. Only the airtime tariff  on your Refresh deal will be discounted by the relevant amount though, you still need to pay the full monthly instalment price for your device plan, so make sure you remember this when deciding which deal is the best one for you.

Don't forget, O2 Family Plan discounts only apply to new Refresh contracts - standard, SIMO and lines which are already discounted won't be eligible, however they still count towards your total number of connections - meaning that if you have 2 lines already which aren't eligible, and take out a new Refresh connection which isn't otherwise excluded, this will be treated as your second additional connection and therefore qualify for the higher 30% discount rate.

You also can't claim a Family Plan discount on your first/lead device, however this contract can have other discounts without affecting your eligibility - and the lead device can be any kind of contract too, it doesn't have to be an eligible Refresh plan, that requirement only applies to the discounted additional lines.

Check it out today! http://www.o2.co.uk/family-plan 

I work for O2, however any advice or opinion given in this community should be considered my own and not necessarily representative of Telefónica UK Limited.
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92929 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Martin-O2
Former Staff
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Great stuff, thanks for sharing @Wa10

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 3 of 11

MercedesS
  • 1192 Posts
  • 17 Topics
  • 18 Solutions

Nice guide @Wa10 Thanks!

Get involved! If a post answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution”.If you are new to the community, please read How to use the community
Message 4 of 11

MI5
  • 143452 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Wa10 can I just get some more info please?

I currently have 3 o2 contracts.

#1 - refresh with 50% F&F discount

#2 - Tablet refresh with 20% additional line discount

#3 - refresh with 20% additional line discount 

All the above taken before the introduction of o2 family plan.

If I now apply for another refresh contract, which level of discount would I get from it please?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 11

MercedesS
  • 1192 Posts
  • 17 Topics
  • 18 Solutions

Hello @MI5

By reading @Wa10 link I think that If it is a refresh post-15th June 2017 it would be 50% & prior to that date would be 20%?

Trying to help Cheers

Get involved! If a post answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution”.If you are new to the community, please read How to use the community
Message 6 of 11

Wa10
Level 19: Quirky
  • 418 Posts
  • 32 Topics
  • 29 Solutions

Sorry @MI5, I didn't get the usual email notification that you'd mentioned me!

Yes, @MercedesS is spot on, it would be 50% on the new Refresh deal. slight_smile 

I work for O2, however any advice or opinion given in this community should be considered my own and not necessarily representative of Telefónica UK Limited.
Message 7 of 11

MI5
  • 143452 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Splendid news, thanks slight_smile
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 8 of 11

MercedesS
  • 1192 Posts
  • 17 Topics
  • 18 Solutions

Thanks both of you Hug

Message 9 of 11

Iharris85
  • 21 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello, I have an iPad and an iPhone 7 on refresh, I have just upgraded to a refresh on iPhone X, I was told to text loyalty. When my new iPhone arrives and I will get 20% off my airtime.. 

my question my partner also has iPhone 7 in his own name a refresh who is looking to upgrade to iPhone X on refresh will he be able to get the 20% discount under the new family perks? 

I look forword to seeing your replies. 

Cheers

Ian 

Message 10 of 11