cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 Disgust me

Anonymous
Not applicable

I would highly recommend that anyone with dealing within o2, should get out when they can! after cutting my phone off because my bill was high and i was abroad after i informed them in shop that i was going abroad... they demanded early payment before it was due to unbar my phone...

unfortunately i paid because i needed my phone!!! because of this o2 decided then to unblock my phone and in the process cancelling my direct debit with them meaning i then had to manually pay them also resulting in o2 blocking my phone because of late payment where they had cancelled my direct debit.

my phone then got stolen and although i didn't have insurance i did inform o2 of this and if they could provide me with an alternative... they could only offer i bought a new phone.... why would i want to continue my service with o2 when they cause me all these problems...

I have now been referred to their debt collection agency and are claiming i didnt pay for the bill where they reconnected my phone and that i owe them £390... until feb 2015..... 

Good luck o2

Disgusting behaviour!

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Bambino
Level 85: Esteemed
  • 23992 Posts
  • 1045 Topics
  • 3773 Solutions

If your debt has been referred to a collection agency, the chances are very high that a negative marker has already been placed on your credit rating. This will prevent you from getting credit for anything. A new phone, a new mortgage, a new car, etc. 

As far as I'm aware, the setting up or cancelling of a direct debit can only be done with the permission of the account holder. It's highly unlikely that O2 would be able to cancel your direct debit. That would imply that they had control over your bank account, which I'm sure they don't. 

I don't know why you think that O2 should provide you with a phone after yours had been stolen and you had no insurance for it, and in light of your outstanding bill as well. What would the incentive be for O2 to do that?

I suggest you contact Customer Service using the links below, and try to get this resolved as quickly as possible. If you don't the bad debt and bad credit rating will just follow you wherever you go.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous 

Im sorry your first post on the Community Forum is under such circumstances.

Did you speak to Customer Services in the shop via their store phone or did the shop staff access your account to ensure your correctly covered by roaming in a particular country.

You can also most things within your MYO2 including roaming, Their are also information links which informa customer on what the charges are to use their phone in countries and the various Bolt On's that can be applied.

I have never come across a person having their Direct Debit mandate cancelled via having your services unblocked. This would be a negative move as o2 want to collect your monthly bills on time. Did you make the contact with o2 via the Online Live Chat facility as sometimes they can get things muddled up and things can be lost in translation when these outsourced non Uk callcentres help.

We always suggest a person contacts the Uk callcentre on 202 for contract and 4445 for PAYG when the situation concerns accounts.

However re setting up your Direct Debit should be a straightforward process by contacting O2 on the Uk callcentre numbers I've mentioned.

As a person who's phone had been stolen I appreciate your frustration however if you chose not to have insurance then that is an informed risk you take. If you didn't have O2 insurance then perhaps check with any Home Insurance and also check with your Bank as some also provide covers with certain account types.

You are correct O2 do not provide loan phones in these instances and i'm not sure why you think they should. They do in certain circumstances provide loan phones when a persons is in for repair on Pay Monthly Contract Accounts, sometimes a deposit has to be paid which is returnable.

If a bill is not paid in a certain time frame and O2 have exhausted all means of communication to have the bill paid they will sell the debt on which is an industry standard.

Unfortunately the result could be a default mark on your credit file which after you clear the debt can remain on this file for 6 years affecting your future applications for the likes of mobile phone contracts, items on finance, credit cards and mortgages to give a few examples.

When the issue happened regarding how your bill accumilated via roaming how did you challenge the amount, and that you thought you had made reasonable inroads to make sure you were covered. 

What was said to you and did you esculate your issue via O2's Uk Callcentre and then via O2's online complaint forms and proccessess.

Message 2 of 6

Bambino
Level 85: Esteemed
  • 23992 Posts
  • 1045 Topics
  • 3773 Solutions

If your debt has been referred to a collection agency, the chances are very high that a negative marker has already been placed on your credit rating. This will prevent you from getting credit for anything. A new phone, a new mortgage, a new car, etc. 

As far as I'm aware, the setting up or cancelling of a direct debit can only be done with the permission of the account holder. It's highly unlikely that O2 would be able to cancel your direct debit. That would imply that they had control over your bank account, which I'm sure they don't. 

I don't know why you think that O2 should provide you with a phone after yours had been stolen and you had no insurance for it, and in light of your outstanding bill as well. What would the incentive be for O2 to do that?

I suggest you contact Customer Service using the links below, and try to get this resolved as quickly as possible. If you don't the bad debt and bad credit rating will just follow you wherever you go.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

been waiting for a new phone ordered 4 weeks ago got confirmation it would be delivered in 72 hours.

nothing! phoned to find out why and got some patronising staff member who had been trained to say sorry what can i do. you will need to go through the whole slea **bleep** again.

@Anonymous wrote:

I would highly recommend that anyone with dealing within o2, should get out when they can! after cutting my phone off because my bill was high and i was abroad after i informed them in shop that i was going abroad... they demanded early payment before it was due to unbar my phone...

unfortunately i paid because i needed my phone!!! because of this o2 decided then to unblock my phone and in the process cancelling my direct debit with them meaning i then had to manually pay them also resulting in o2 blocking my phone because of late payment where they had cancelled my direct debit.

my phone then got stolen and although i didn't have insurance i did inform o2 of this and if they could provide me with an alternative... they could only offer i bought a new phone.... why would i want to continue my service with o2 when they cause me all these problems...

I have now been referred to their debt collection agency and are claiming i didnt pay for the bill where they reconnected my phone and that i owe them £390... until feb 2015..... 

Good luck o2

Disgusting behaviour!

well i can tell you what you can do you can stick your phone i will be goig else where 

Message 4 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
We have seen posts before from people who have opened up a contract or upgraded with the phone showing in stock and then showing out of stock or receive communication a short while later saying it's no longer available.

On balance im sure most do receive their phones.

This occurance does happen on all the networks going by the network forums I log into.

I hope you end up with the phone of your choice.
Message 5 of 6

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93986 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 7019 Solutions

Four weeks is an unreasonable length of time to await delivery and it's understandable that you will be looking for an alternate supplier. Which phone have you been waiting for?

Message 6 of 6