cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 COMMITTED FRAUD TWICE ON MY ACCOUNT!!

MargaretH
Level 1: Joiner
  • 35 Posts
  • 9 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

As per the online conversation below, all I wanted to do it cancel a number I no longer needed, and had been very satisfied with the service on O2 after migrating from Orange.

But 24hrs later I recieve an email thanking me for my order, so I call up and lo and behold 'Vicki' has upgraded my contract to the £150 cashback £5.99 tariff anyway! The customer service advisor apologised and said it would be disconnected at 0800 the next morning.

I go on holiday and when I get home check my emails, oh and look another email from o2 thanking me for choosing to stay with them and upgrading to the £11.99 tariff as the disonnection had been cancelled again!!!

I spoke with a helpful advisor who again apologised and bless, kept his word by emailing a disconnection confirmation on the account within 24 hours of our call.

O2, I am utterly appalled and disgusted by your actions, your company protects those who blatently committs a crime on a customers account and does nothing unless I chase it up.

What also makes me laugh is when I copied and pasted a post on here onto a few  relevant pages (as didn't see the point of re-typing) I was emailed about 'spamming' and had them removed. My daughter worked for you and left as she was appalled by the lies, fraud, appalling service and mis-selling that she came across by some, not all people just to hit their targets.

I am contacting the financial ombudsmen and Citizens advice, plus whoever else I can to highlight this utter disgrace you call a service.

I doubt 'Vicki' even cares or will be addressed for committing fraud and will carry on so her targets and others are met.

I'm just waiting now for an automated reply regards this post and nothing else to be done.

O2 chat.png

Message 1 of 30
29 REPLIES 29

MargaretH
  • 35 Posts
  • 9 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

''All you have suffered is poor customer service as no money has been taken from your account and your number has eventually been cancelled as requested.''

If I hadn't have spotted the emails and dealt with this in a certain time period then it is possible that I would have entered into a 24 month contract and monies would have possibly been taken from my account. You say it was possibly down to a poorly trained advisor on web chat, but what about when I called the next day and spoke with another advisor who realised the issue and said this would be cancelled and again, this was not done. Therefore he understood clearly (as everything was recorded).

Message 11 of 30

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

You should be a solicitor, all cases would be solved without investigation and the world would be put to rights!

In all possiblility the computer systems at O2 rejected the actions the CS staff were trying to implement, unless you give them time to investigate you will never know.

I'll leave you to your imaginings, good luck!

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 12 of 30

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MargaretH wrote:

If I hadn't have spotted the emails and dealt with this in a certain time period then it is possible that I would have entered into a 24 month contract and monies would have possibly been taken from my account. You say it was possibly down to a poorly trained advisor on web chat, but what about when I called the next day and spoke with another advisor who realised the issue and said this would be cancelled and again, this was not done. Therefore he understood clearly (as everything was recorded).

Yes it was possible, but it didnt happen, because nothing malicious, devious or deceptive took place...you recieved the emails informing you of the upgrade and were then able to resolve the problem. Yes it was an inconvenience having to call twice to fix it, but human error happens especially when you throw in technology.

Calling in the next day should have resolved the problem, but it might not have been cancelled again for a number of reasons...but it certainly won't have been fraud! Again I would say this would be incompetence by the employee in not closing the account as promised, but until O2 are allowed to conduct an audit and investigation no-one knows for sure what happened.

To try and make it clear...You have not been a victim of fraud, you have instead received some very poor customer service from both Live Chat and Phone Support personnel.

Message 13 of 30

MargaretH
  • 35 Posts
  • 9 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

www.dictionary.com

1.deceit, trickery, sharp practice, or breach of confidence, perpetrated for profit or to gain some unfair or dishonest advantage.

2. A particular instance of such deceit or trickery: mail fraud; election frauds.

3. Any deception, trickery, or humbug: That diet book is a fraud and a waste of time.

Message 14 of 30

MargaretH
  • 35 Posts
  • 9 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Well aren't you just the most sarcastic and unhelpful person on here and you wonder why I am unhappy with O2. Everything I have stated is fact, not an insult.

Message 15 of 30

perksie
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

Now you're just being childish! Smiley Frustrated

We're only offering advice to try and help you, we don't work for O2 either.

Whether you take our advice or not is up to you, but being offensive helps nobody.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Message 16 of 30

MargaretH
  • 35 Posts
  • 9 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

And I quote....."You should be a solicitor, all cases would be solved without investigation and the world would be put to rights!

In all possiblility the computer systems at O2 rejected the actions the CS staff were trying to implement, unless you give them time to investigate you will never know.

I'll leave you to your imaginings, good luck!"

And i'm being childish.

Message 17 of 30

Anonymous
Not applicable

Uh huh...and still you haven't been a victim of fraud.

You'll also find that the dictionary definition of fraud is different from the criminal law definition of fraud

Message 18 of 30

MargaretH
  • 35 Posts
  • 9 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@perksie wrote:

Not disbelieving you but the way you are posting it here is potentially libellous.

If you were sure and had received a response from O2 you wouldn't be posting this here.

If you intend taking this further I would decline from writing anything else until you can post a decision on this.

Or get a lawyer.......

Chiara has offered you help with this, I would take advantage and let us know the outcome later.

Considering it seems you work for O2, your customer service is an absolute disgrace also.

Message 19 of 30

perksie
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

No neither of us do, only offering the best advice to help, but you seem not to be listening.

Message 20 of 30