cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 COMMITTED FRAUD TWICE ON MY ACCOUNT!!

MargaretH
Level 1: Joiner
  • 35 Posts
  • 9 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

As per the online conversation below, all I wanted to do it cancel a number I no longer needed, and had been very satisfied with the service on O2 after migrating from Orange.

But 24hrs later I recieve an email thanking me for my order, so I call up and lo and behold 'Vicki' has upgraded my contract to the £150 cashback £5.99 tariff anyway! The customer service advisor apologised and said it would be disconnected at 0800 the next morning.

I go on holiday and when I get home check my emails, oh and look another email from o2 thanking me for choosing to stay with them and upgrading to the £11.99 tariff as the disonnection had been cancelled again!!!

I spoke with a helpful advisor who again apologised and bless, kept his word by emailing a disconnection confirmation on the account within 24 hours of our call.

O2, I am utterly appalled and disgusted by your actions, your company protects those who blatently committs a crime on a customers account and does nothing unless I chase it up.

What also makes me laugh is when I copied and pasted a post on here onto a few  relevant pages (as didn't see the point of re-typing) I was emailed about 'spamming' and had them removed. My daughter worked for you and left as she was appalled by the lies, fraud, appalling service and mis-selling that she came across by some, not all people just to hit their targets.

I am contacting the financial ombudsmen and Citizens advice, plus whoever else I can to highlight this utter disgrace you call a service.

I doubt 'Vicki' even cares or will be addressed for committing fraud and will carry on so her targets and others are met.

I'm just waiting now for an automated reply regards this post and nothing else to be done.

O2 chat.png

Message 1 of 30
29 REPLIES 29

MargaretH
  • 35 Posts
  • 9 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

http://www.sfo.gov.uk/fraud/what-is-fraud.aspx What is fraud?

Fraud is a type of criminal activity, defined as:

'abuse of position, or false representation, or prejudicing someone's rights for personal gain'.

Put simply, fraud is an act of deception intended for personal gain or to cause a loss to another party.

The general criminal offence of fraud can include:

• deception whereby someone knowingly makes false representation
  • or they fail to disclose information
  • or they abuse a position.
Message 21 of 30

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

You're beginning to sound like a troll now, if you really needed help you would be acting on our advice.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 22 of 30

MargaretH
  • 35 Posts
  • 9 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

So by insulting me, you think that will help? An honest question, can I ask how you know your information is correct?

Message 23 of 30

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

You can't be rude and then expect further help, you have all you are getting from me. Smiley Indifferent

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 24 of 30

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Best advice is to let Chiara deal with it.

@Chiara

Maybe this thread should be locked now?

Message 25 of 30

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MargaretH wrote:

fraud is an act of deception intended for personal gain or to cause a loss to another party.

Yes, thats the correct definition, but it still doesnt mean you were a victim of fraud.

Please explain how the O2 advisors were decieptful and intended to gain financially from not cancelling your contract and then sending you the emails to tell you your account had been upgraded? Those sneaky rascals!!!

You would also have to prove that the advisors set out to cause a loss to you. However because you recieved those emails there was no deceipt involved and you didnt suffer financially.

Now...if they had ordered a new phone in your name as has allegedly happened to people, that would have been a different matter...

Message 26 of 30

MargaretH
  • 35 Posts
  • 9 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

@MargaretH wrote:

fraud is an act of deception intended for personal gain or to cause a loss to another party.

Yes, thats the correct definition, but it still doesnt mean you were a victim of fraud.

Please explain how the O2 advisors were decieptful and intended to gain financially from not cancelling your contract and then sending you the emails to tell you your account had been upgraded? - Even if I only paid an extra month I would have lost money and possibly been entered into another 24 month contract. 

You would also have to prove that the advisors set out to cause a loss to you. However because you recieved those emails  - They still upgraded my account without permission, against my wishes. There was no deceipt involved and you didnt suffer financially.

Now...if they had ordered a new phone in your name as has allegedly happened to people, that would have been a different matter...If I had recieved an email telling me a handset had been included in my order how would this be different? I am not being rude, just interested.

Message 27 of 30

MargaretH
  • 35 Posts
  • 9 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I do believe your sarcastic response to one of my posts didn't help matters. I will not be continuing this post and only deal with Chiara as at least she seems to be responding, rather than insulting. To anyone everyone else that had contributed, I do appreciate your replies.

By all means lock this post down as it may stop the abuse, sarcasm, accusations of 'trolling' and biased information being thrown at me.

@perksie wrote:

You can't be rude then expect further help, you have all you are getting from me. Smiley Indifferent

*Even though you have been unhelpful and sarcastic

Message 28 of 30

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MargaretH wrote:

Even if I only paid an extra month I would have lost money and possibly been entered into another 24 month contract. - Yes, but you recieved emails to tell you that your account had been upgraded so there was no deception involved. Until an investigation takes place within O2 you need to assume it was human/system error.

They still upgraded my account without permission, against my wishes. - Unfortunately this isn't classed as fraud. The advisors had nothing to gain from doing this.

If I had recieved an email telling me a handset had been included in my order how would this be different? I am not being rude, just interested. - There have been cases where people have had iPhones ordered in their name and delivered to a different address, and havent recieved an email to tell them. The first they find out about it is when they recieve communication from O2 over an unpaid bill. This would be fraud and/or identity theft.

Hopefully this answers your questions slight_smile

If I was you I would stop the fraud accusations, raise a complaint through the link provided earlier and see what the outcome from that is, whilst communicating with Chiara who will be able to help

Message 29 of 30

Anonymous
Not applicable

Locking this thread as it's turned a little unpleasant. Please, frustration is understandable but can we try to keep things civilised.

This issue is being taken care of.

Message 30 of 30