Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number transfer to O2

Thotos
Level 1: Joiner
  • 8 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I've just signed up to an O2 pay monthly account and given my PAC for my Tesco mobile number to be transferred to O2. I've received my activated new SIM and inserted it in my phone. All works fine on the temporary number but the transfer still says "the transfer of your number has not yet been scheduled". I have pressed the "I've inserted my new SIM" button several times but still no change. Have I missed a step, is something wrong or does it take time for the transfer to be automatically scheduled?

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149983 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28564 Solutions

@Thotos 

Chase it up with O2 Guide: How to find help & contact O2 

Guide: Migration & porting into O2 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 16

Thotos
  • 8 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@MI5thanks. I'll contact them in the morning.

Message 3 of 16

Thotos
  • 8 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I am very disappointed with the service I received from O2. Three calls to customer services and over two hours of my life I will never get back and my number has still not ported to O2. I keep getting told "wait 24 hours and it will happen; probably is just a few hours" but it's now over 5 days and my number has still not been ported. 

Message 4 of 16

Thotos
  • 8 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Even this community chat is not working properly! How can I have "Message 4 of 3" !!!! I am slowly reminded of all the reasons I originally left O2 many years ago.... 

Message 5 of 16

pgn
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 38862 Posts
  • 243 Topics
  • 1743 Solutions

Ah yes, the technology ..

1000020750.png

You have to refresh the screen, @Thotos - not unique to O2 that one 🤣

1000020751.png

Message 6 of 16

Bambino
Level 85: Esteemed
  • 24077 Posts
  • 1049 Topics
  • 3778 Solutions

@Thotos Be aware that O2 doesn't port numbers on the weekend, so if it's going to happen at all your port will not be until early next week now.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 7 of 16

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149983 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28564 Solutions

@Thotos wrote:

Even this community chat is not working properly! How can I have "Message 4 of 3" !!!! I am slowly reminded of all the reasons I originally left O2 many years ago.... 

@Thotos 

The forum software is the worst of any of the forums I use.

There are so many issues that we have been reporting for years and have never been resolved.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 8 of 16

Thotos
  • 8 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

😂👍 @pgn being non-unique doesn't make it right. Having worked in the electronics/software development/IT industries all my life I can assure you that would be a simple bug to fix if anyone tried to fix it. Even simpler than porting a phone number! 😂

Message 9 of 16

Thotos
  • 8 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Bambino yes I realise this. When I was working I was often involved in porting numbers for our employees when we changed phone contracts and it was a manual process. It seems that it still is a manual process. 

Message 10 of 16