cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number porting - processing times

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

How long does it take to port my number to O2 if I have PAC code ? I am porting from Three mobile.

Ofcom says it should be done within 24 hours.   Practically how long does it take ? Anyone had bad experiences.  Where should I complain if it takes more than 24 hours ?

Message 1 of 27
26 REPLIES 26

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you for the information. But still 4 full days excluding weekends and bank holidays is still unacceptable.
Message 11 of 27

Anonymous
Not applicable

I agree 4 days is unacceptable but what I think people are trying to say is especially given that link that Liquid provided from GG is that it is not as straight forward as we would all like and that O2 can only do there part. 

The fact that they have said it will now be the 27th suggests to me the issue is with the central porting company which I suspect at this time of year they are super busy.

Frustrating for you I know but other than asking for O2 to reimburse you for the delay there is not really a lot else that can be done.

Message 12 of 27

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
Agreed. I'd lodge a formal complaint about that.

Phone them again and hassle it shouldn't if taken this long
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 13 of 27

Anonymous
Not applicable

I had contacted them 5 times and even one guy said he does not know why does it take so long.

I will definitely as for the refund of the money for those 8 days. Bad thing is that I can't use my new phone on my holidays except when I am home.

Message 14 of 27

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

I would use the complaints review service  either chat if box pops up on  the linked page or use the email option as you have tried all avenues http://service.o2.co.uk/IQ/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE?New,Kb=Companion,question=ref(User):str(Mobile),C... . If that fails you do not go to ofcom you use the Ombudsman Services: Communications ofcom do not deal with consumer complaints.

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 15 of 27

anticpated
  • 3412 Posts
  • 164 Topics
  • 53 Solutions

I had to contact them because I was receiving calls on SIM and able to call out on both. It was called a split service. Or as like to call it ......

Having your services set back to default like your MMS, Voicemail and things like that should hopefully fix your mobile tariff.

Samsung Galaxy S10, Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Message 16 of 27

Anonymous
Not applicable

Finally, my phone number porting is complete.   The funny part is that I went on a chat with O2 customer care to get a refund for 8 days, the CS guy said "Please take the sim out , clean it with a soft cloth and then put it back to your phone. The porting will be complete. " ... lol Smiley Very Happy
   It took, 15 mins for that guy to give me that advice when I asked a refund. I could not stop laughing .... finally I explained him again, he asked his supervisor and said they will give me a £5 refund. Eventhough I should get a bit more, I said , I am fine with it.

My start with O2 has not been very exciting but hoping to get past the hurdles and stay here for more.

Thank you everyone to for their support.  O2 community is definitely better than the network wink

JK

Message 17 of 27

Liquid
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
Haha ill have to let people know that golden bit of information for sim swaps:D

Leonard/Toby can we get it stickied?

Glad your up and running:)

What's that O2 community techies should get paid you say? slight_smile
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 18 of 27

Anonymous
Not applicable

" What's that O2 community techies should get paid you say? :smileyhappy:"

I would say they should have a "Kudos to Quid" program. So that you guys will become millionairesSmiley Surprised !

What do you say ? slight_smile

Message 19 of 27

Liquid
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
Haha I love that idea:D

I vote for it!

Never thought of that before:( guess at least I'd have a reason for whoring kudos haha
Message 20 of 27