Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number port half failed

BigMunro
Level 1: Joiner
  • 6 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I moved to O2 last week, ported my number across successfully although security checks failed for no apparent reason.  It worked when I called an advisor.

I then advised my wife to do the same and she brought her number across from Smarty by calling an O2 advisor with PAC. Yesterday, her Smarty sim stopped and her O2 sim is active but the number did not transfer. 

When you call her old number it says not recognised and the O2 sim is using the temp number it came with. Her service with Smarty has been ceased however.

Customer services just keep making outlandish promises that it will be fixed in this timescale and that but other than filling out a form, none of them seem to know the first thing about number porting or who within O2 can resolve this.

It is really really important that she keeps this number that she has had more than 20 years.  It is on business cards, magazine adverts, websites, and several vulnerable residents have it programmed into their landlines.  She is stressed out and I am left feeling embarrassed and angry that I encouraged her to switch.

Can anyone help me to help her?  How can we get O2 to fix this?

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10123 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2995 Solutions

@BigMunro 

This is not o2's problem to fix, I'm afraid to say. 

You cancelled the service with Smarty (Three) which has then meant the port is no longer valid as the phone number no longer exists in Three's active number database. 

So to o2 and the MNP process the number no longer exists and the PAC is invalid.

Your only option is to speak to Smarty and see if you can get the number back.  If they can't then it's gone forever. 

All networks make it clear - Do No Cancel the Contract with the old provider, the port process does it all for you. 

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 2 of 12

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122767 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

@BigMunro  One of our account advisors @O2Georgina is on this morning. I've tagged her to the post to see if she can help. (I presume you have been rebooting your phone? ie Turning it on and off)

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 12

O2Georgina
  • 387 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 13 Solutions

Thanks for the tag @Cleoriff 

@BigMunro  I will send you a private message now

signature
Message 4 of 12

Cleoriff
  • 122767 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

Thanks @O2Georgina 👍

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 12

BigMunro
  • 6 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I don't think you read the post.  We didn't contact smarty except by text to request the PAC which we gave to O2.  We didn't cancel anything except by the switch procedure via O2.  That's clear from my post.  From how you describe yourself, I am amazed that uou came to the wrong conclusion since it's all clear in my original post.  Are you trolling or something?

Message 6 of 12

BigMunro
  • 6 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for the help

Message 7 of 12

BigMunro
  • 6 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks, have replied to your PM

Message 8 of 12

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122767 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

I'll leave you with @O2Georgina now @BigMunro. Hopefully this can be sorted. Best of luck. wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 9 of 12

Magic22
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@O2Georgina I am the account holder

Message 10 of 12