Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number not ported over

Salford69
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have phoned customer services twice, had a 'conversation' on line twice and been told that my number will port over from Voda by the next day.  I have had one text and email saying I will get another text with the date of porting.  Still nothing.  It has been over a week now.  I can use my phone but it is a random number which clearly isn't what I wanted.  

Has anyone else had this issue?  It takes so long to get a 'chat' going or ages on the phone waiting to talk to a human.  I always believe the person is actually trying to help, but so far not one of them has.

Advice?

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122356 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Salford69 

You should be able to change your number

Settings > Phone > My Number. If there is a pencil icon next to this then change it manually.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 8

Salford69
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for replying. I can change the number but the number on my card (phone>contacts>my card) is still the old number so I don't think changing the number manually does anything. When I ring or send texts they are with the number O2 gave me rather than the number I asked to be ported across. 

Message 3 of 8

Cleoriff
  • 122356 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Ah Ok. I will ask one of our account advisors to check this out for you @Salford69 

@O2KyleWare you able to help with this?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 8

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Salford69 wrote:

Thanks for replying. I can change the number but the number on my card (phone>contacts>my card) is still the old number so I don't think changing the number manually does anything. 

@Salford69 

Did you save the number when edited in Settings >Phone >My Number and then reboot the phone?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 8

Cleoriff
  • 122356 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

It appears @O2KyleW  may not be online as he hasn't answered and I've tagged him twice?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 8

O2Jordan
  • 305 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi @O2Daniel,could you pick this up please.

Thanks

signature
Message 7 of 8

O2Daniel
  • 67 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

Thanks for the tag @O2Jordan.

@Salford69 I will certainly take a look further into this for you. slight_smile  I will provate message you and we will go into the account, and work from there.

signature
Message 8 of 8