cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Non monthly pay as you go - where did it go?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have been living in Portugal, visiting UK and working in Oman and I had three PAYG SIM cards. I kept the cards topped up with credit and used whichever I needed. I have often been away from UK for months, but still had credit on the O2 card. I got to UK last month and my O2 SIM card had died. No problem, I'll get another - or not!

I got a new card at a phone shop - after explaining exactly what I wanted and put on £10 credit. The credit changed to £0 and I found that I had a 'bundle' of credited time and texts. I did not use the phone at all and after a month I lost the credit - money, time and text.

Since then I have been trying to get to a simple PAYG tariff. Add credit - use it per call when I like - it does NOT expire. I can buy this type of card in the post office in Portugal, but in UK it is as if the existence of this type of card has been erased from everyone's memory. I get blank looks and told that there is no problem with topping up when I like, but it will only last for 30 days, or I must pay a minimum every month, use it or not.

That is NOT pay as you go. That is pay monthly. Does PAYG exist anymore in UK?

Message 1 of 55
54 REPLIES 54

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have seen a clearer explanation of the Big Talker tariff, but the following paragraph does clear up that confusion:

"Big Talker is perfect if your friends and family are also on O2. Top up and get O2 Calls, O2 texts and data – use your credit to buy more when you need to."
Message 11 of 55

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144700 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27733 Solutions

bundle.PNG

talker.PNG

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 12 of 55

Cleoriff
  • 123150 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:

The Big Bundle tariff says "we'll exchange your credit for allowances".
The Big Talker tariff says "on top of your credit we will give you"......

All I see is this. (And nothing like ^^^^^ in either of the two links?Smiley Embarassed

Capture.Big talker.PNG

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 13 of 55

MI5
  • 144700 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27733 Solutions
See above
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 14 of 55

Cleoriff
  • 123150 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:

bundle.PNG

talker.PNG

Crazy Where do I find that info you have posted here then?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 15 of 55

Cleoriff
  • 123150 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
See above

See above...Confused

And why can you find it...and I can't...(second thoughts...dont answer that) LOL

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 16 of 55

Anonymous
Not applicable
From my reading of the webpage, if I top up my credit on BIGTALK - say £10 - I get an allowance for that month, but it resets to zero at the end of the month. How can I still have credit after the end of the month, unless I top up again?
Message 17 of 55

Anonymous
Not applicable
Change to what?
Message 18 of 55

jonsie
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

MI5
  • 144700 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27733 Solutions
From here https://www.o2.co.uk/freesim/
Choose sim type and click through to "select" then "order sim".

Currently using:
Message 20 of 55