cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nokia 100 for monthly contract - not possible with o2?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm a pay monthly customer with an ancient Nokia that is starting to pack up on me. I'm not due an upgrade and as I only use my mobile for phones and texts I just want a simple and cheap replacement.  The Nokia 100 looked perfect, but when I went to my local store the lad there wouldn't sell it to me at the advertised price of £12.99 as I'm on a pay monthly contract, so couldn't be given the 'free' credit.  My best option seems to be to bypass o2 entirely and get one off ebay or from Argos or somewhere - this seems slightly crazy to me, am I missing something? Thanks

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
Was the £12.99 a payg term with £? you have to spend which goes on the sim as credit ?

If so go back forget about telling them your in a contract and buy the phone in payg. Then after a short while ring up 02's Customer Services and have them move the credit to your monthly account.

If all alas fails look in CEX which is a trade in or buy shop.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Anonymous
Not applicable
Was the £12.99 a payg term with £? you have to spend which goes on the sim as credit ?

If so go back forget about telling them your in a contract and buy the phone in payg. Then after a short while ring up 02's Customer Services and have them move the credit to your monthly account.

If all alas fails look in CEX which is a trade in or buy shop.
Message 2 of 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144142 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27609 Solutions
If you were looking at buying the phone as a PAYG handset and transferring your SIM then the store Manager has to over ride the £10 top up that is normally required when buying a PAYG phone. If this isn't the case, I don't understand the question.....?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 4

version7point0
Level 33: Firestarter
  • 648 Posts
  • 13 Topics
  • 181 Solutions

Hi Ricky and welcome to the forums.

Unless the process has miracoulousy changed recently;

If you are a Pay Monthly customer and your phone is lost or damaged you can take a Pay & Go phone at the advertised price without purchasing a SIM card / topup.

Message 4 of 4