Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No signal in Aylesbury

Andrew1
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Anybody else having this issue? It is affecting me, my wife and sister in law for around 3 months or more. O2 said it is congestion but I can’t hardly send text messages or make calls.

Thinking of leaving o2. Anybody know if you can end a 12 month contract early if the service is terrible?
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143406 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
You'd have to pursue a complaint to get let off your contract, but others have been successful in the past.
http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
You could pay off what’s left on the contact to leave early
Message 3 of 11

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions
Have you checked/reported the issue using the My Network app?
Have you checked that there is no issue with your phone(s) / SIM cards(s) - admittedly unlikely given it is affecting 3 of you, but you would still be asked if you called customer services.
Finally have you raised the issue with customer services? If there is a logged history of network issues then your case is stronger, but you would need to call them to make sure.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 4 of 11

gmarkj
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions

I have looked at the status checker (https://status.o2.co.uk/) for Aylesbury.

It acknowledges there is an issue.

Capture.PNG

It does not give any history, so I have no idea how long there has been a problem.

I would suggest that you contact CS as advised above and report the issue using the app (the above is from the website).

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Message 5 of 11

jonsie
  • 92913 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

When is a phone a phone or a paperweight. Highly frustrating for those with long standing issues. Plenty of advice for you above, follow the (necesssy) checks then start the complaints process in order to possibly be able to leave your contact without fees.

Message 6 of 11

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22940 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@Andrew1 As @gmarkj has pointed out, there appears to be a mast issue in your area, and the status will be updated in a few days. As you've been without service for so long, I suggest you speak to customer service. You may be offered some compensation as a goodwill gesture, but it's discretionary, so there's no guarantee of that. 

If you do decide to change networks, check what their signal is like in your area before you commit. Getting Pay & Go sims from the other providers is usually a good way to see what you're getting before taking a long term contract.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 7 of 11

gmarkj
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions
Great point about the P&G sims @Bambino!

Message 8 of 11

jonsie
  • 92913 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

@gmarkj wrote:
Great point about the P&G sims @Bambino!

Also every network supplies them free online and there's no need to top up to check ✔ coverage.

Message 9 of 11

Andrew1
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Think I will give up and just go to vodafone. They have good coverage here as colleagues have no issues. O2 just don’t get their act together and fix the mast or congestion. First time I have thought about leaving in more than 10 years but seriously this is a joke. I have had a complaint open for 3 months and I have to keep calling up to get my money back each month.
Message 10 of 11