cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No signal- cancelling contract

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey 

I've been with o2 for around 10 years in the same area and always had perfect signal. However, from around February this year I have had absolutely no signal at all. O2 have said the area has always had no signal (lies) although the status checker says it is fine. 
They suggested me using the TUGO service using my WiFi but this obviously resricts me to using my phone at home only and defeting the purpose of a "mobile" phone. Also, what is the point in me paying £20 a month (over charged for what the phone is) to use a free service and use abosultely none of my minutes, texts or data allowenece. I can do this for FREE from my Ipod! 

The TUGO service barely works, I am practically unable to use my phone and have 7 months left on this stupid contract. 

Am I able to just cancel the contract and move to someone else? I know for a fact the Vodafone signal is still perfect here and I've just about had enough of the customer service of o2. I refuse to pay another month for a service that I am unable to use; I am basically throwing my money away. 

Message 1 of 24
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144334 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Thank you! 
I am currently writing to the complaints service again to state everything that has happened and I will take it from there
How do you go about attempting to leave for free? 

Given the circumstances you need to tell them that it would be unreasonable to expect you to have to pay to leave your contract.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 12 of 24
23 REPLIES 23

Anonymous
Not applicable

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey, 

I've gone through all of that numerous times. Everything is fine. Still no signal. 

Message 3 of 24

MI5
  • 144334 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
Unfortunately you cannot just cancel and walk away without mutual agreement from O2 or else they will send the debt collectors after you...
Tugo does actually use your contract allowance so it's not entirely "free" calls & texts either.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 24

MI5
  • 144334 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
Have you had a new sim card and had the phone checked for faults?
Is anyone else on O2 having problems in the same locations as you?

Currently using:
Message 5 of 24

Anonymous
Not applicable

Well obviously I can't just "walk away". I intend to cancel the contract. 

It would help if TUGO worked. Hell it would help if I could use the phone away from a Wifi spot. But no. 

Message 6 of 24

Anonymous
Not applicable

Both the phone and sim card have recently been changed and serviced by o2.

I know people on gifgaf whom I believe share the same masts and they have the same issue. 

Message 7 of 24

Anonymous
Not applicable
Before you do cancel and sign up with an alternative network I'd suggest obtaining some Payg SIM cards and try them out where you live, commute and work before you commit.

Hope all goes ok.

Also while your an O2 customer get your phone unlocked free to use on other networks.

https://www.o2.co.uk/apps/help/help?qid=1&q1=2&route=unlocking&case=Handset%20Unlocking%20Form
Message 8 of 24

jonsie
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

It's quite a long process to try and leave your contract without penalty but given the circumstances that is the route I would be going. Stert the process by making an official complaint and then take it from there.

How to complain

Message 9 of 24

MI5
  • 144334 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
I'd agree with jonsie - It sounds like a mast may have been decommissioned or something similar in which case you would have ground to leave for free after following the correct process.

Currently using:
Message 10 of 24