cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No service for over a month / Mast decomissioned

Anonymous
Not applicable

Myself and approx 50 odd other users in the KW14 7XW area have had no service for approx 2 months now multiple conversations with O2 advise that they are working on the issue.

However some users being told that the mast has been decomissioned and they have now been written out of their contact but he most of us been offered £10 goodwill gesture.

So i cannot get a service for over 2 months and will carry on as far as i know / can see and have 3 contracts in the family and all they offer is £10 this is a joke.

So i am tied into a contract for 2 years that i can use ,i have been complaining until i am blue in the face.

I have had to sign up with vodafone and now being told i now have to pay the odds , this is so infuriating .

Any suggestions , i am in the end going to be £400 out of pocket jsut becase O2 cant be bother telling the truth / fix issues in a timley manner.

So that over 60 users in my location all cancling their contract.....

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

The service status page just says the mast has a problem, not that it's been decommisioned.

If it has a big problem for operators is that people will object to a new mast being installed, which of course leaves a patch in the coverage.

Before very long O2 and Vodafone will be sharing masts so the coverage will be the same.

Have you tried a formal complaint:

http://service.o2.co.uk/IQ/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE?New,Kb=Companion,question=ref%28User%29:str%28Mob...

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Anonymous
Not applicable

Firstly, it must be a real pain in the rear the problem you are having. I see that O2 are aware of the problem but I think that may actually be part of the problem. 

Due to the high winds, severe flooding there maintenance department must be run ragged. You and your fellow O2 users look like you are in a fairly remote part of the country with very small numbers of users per mast compared to other parts of the country. 

I suspect O2 are having to prioritise work that needs to be done around the country to get as many people back up and running as quick as possible. Some masts being out of action is causing thousands of people without service where your mast is possible causing a few hundred. I am not saying it is right and that O2 should not fix it I am just trying to look at it from a logistics view. 

Other than keep getting on to them I am not sure what else you can do. It does say that 2g is fine in your area so might be worth you switching off 3g if your phone allows that. 

Message 2 of 4

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

The service status page just says the mast has a problem, not that it's been decommisioned.

If it has a big problem for operators is that people will object to a new mast being installed, which of course leaves a patch in the coverage.

Before very long O2 and Vodafone will be sharing masts so the coverage will be the same.

Have you tried a formal complaint:

http://service.o2.co.uk/IQ/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE?New,Kb=Companion,question=ref%28User%29:str%28Mob...

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 3 of 4

Anonymous
Not applicable
How were you told that the mast has been de commissioned ?

As already said that's way different than a mast that's in a state of needing repair.

Terms and Conditions seem to cover most companies but remember you've signed up and the company is required to provide a service which is being paid for by you.

Go through their formal complaints procedure to the T and be ready to take it to another level such as an outside body.

In the past consumers have had their contract annulled by the courts. Rare but it has occurred.
Message 4 of 4