cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving from 2g to 3g - Questions ?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have currently a 2g PAYG phone, with a small amount of credit on it, and I wish to 'move' the number to a 3g sim, still on PAYG.

What do I have to do to move and how long would it take - I mean would I need a new sim as it's the same size for the new 3g phone ?

If I did move would I loose the credit on the phone ?

Also a follow on question would be once moved to 3g, I would then like to move to a monthly plan (so that I have mins/txt and data without having to worry about topping up) Can I do this and what would happen to any credit remaining on the phone ?

Thx in advance for any replies.

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

You would initially need a new sim to ensure it's 3G enabled. Pop into your local O2 store and they will supply the sim and arrange the number and credit transfer.

If you then move to monthly O2 will send you another new sim and change the number over. Any remaining credit will be knocked off your first bill.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

jonsie
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

You would initially need a new sim to ensure it's 3G enabled. Pop into your local O2 store and they will supply the sim and arrange the number and credit transfer.

If you then move to monthly O2 will send you another new sim and change the number over. Any remaining credit will be knocked off your first bill.

Message 2 of 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there,

Thanks for the reply - 100% great answer and I'll now start the ball rolling.

Thought as much that I'd have to go into the store and arrange.

Message 3 of 4

jonsie
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

You can do it over the phone with customer service but bearing in mind the time of year and the holiday period now being over they are probably catching up with any backlog. Don't bother with live chat though:smileywink:

Message 4 of 4