cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No data, text of voice service.

Anonymous
Not applicable

As I have been totally ignored ny O2 on Twitter I will try on here.

We have had barely any service in the HU9 area of Hull for the last 4 days. Service status says that a mast is down but doesn't state anything is going to be done about it. This has happened many times recently, so again I am paying for a service that I am not receiving.

Is anything going to be resolved? I can understand that things do go wrong and things have to be repaired but for it to go on for 4 days is unacceptable and will be going to trading standards soon if nothing done.

The Live chat help was next to useless and I was ignored on Twitter.

Can anyone from O2 possibly reply to me here?

Message 1 of 19
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
Would recommend you call customer services on 202 and ask them to check with network services as to the status of the mast.

If you are on payg call 4445 at 25p.

We are all customers on here so can't access your account or other personal details.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 19
18 REPLIES 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
Would recommend you call customer services on 202 and ask them to check with network services as to the status of the mast.

If you are on payg call 4445 at 25p.

We are all customers on here so can't access your account or other personal details.
Message 2 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

This is a customer to customer forum.

I understand your frustration but unfortunately we don't know when the mast in your area will be fixed 😞

@Toby, can you assist the OP further?

Message 3 of 19

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

No one from o2 will respond unless toby see this.

Masts shown on the status page as down will be fixed asap but many factors can delay the repair.

O2 have never given estimates etc and have thier back covered in the relevant t&c once a fault is fixed if you ring them they may offer discount on the days affected.

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 4 of 19

gemz4the1
Level 23: Casual Specs
  • 2478 Posts
  • 261 Topics
  • 33 Solutions

I had a similar problem a few months ago when the mast was down in my area.  I understand your frustration when you go to the O2 service status website and it keeps saying the mast is down but it never gives an estimate as to when it will be sorted.  If you are paying for something that you obviously cannot use at the moment and it has been going on for a few days then you should contact customer service and say you'd like a refund for what you are paying (if you are on PAYG) or a discount on your bill (if youre pay monthly).

Alternatively, have you checked with O2 that your sim is working ok? Even though the mast is down, there is always a chance that there could be another reason why your services have stopped working.

Message 5 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable
Just a thought, if you are used to 3g and that is not working well have you tried turning your phone to gsm only?

IF that helps would give you calls and texts. It MIGHT help, it might not but worth a try?
Message 6 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for all you replies, I shall try and contact them when I am in a different area where there is a signal. I have tried GSM only and there is still no service.

It's definately not my sim as it works when you are in a different area and affects all my family who are also on O2. It's starts to work again when you get 3-4 miles away from where we live so obviously the mast is at fault. It's just fustrating as it's happened a lot lately.

Message 7 of 19

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
There are a lot of masts been worked on at the moment in preparation for the 4G roll out.
It's annoying for a short space of time only and rest assured that O2 don't want a mast down any longer than necessary, so it will be fixed asap.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 8 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

It's not really annoying when it is a short space of time, that's understandable - However when it's 4 days in a row and about the 5th time this year it makes me want to start looking for another network.

Message 9 of 19

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
If you find the service unsuitable and unreliable, I agree.....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 10 of 19