cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No actual data connection and patchy voice, even though 4G symbol showing on iphone

garethwales
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi,

I'm having an issue with my iPhone XS and can't work out whether it's a network issue, or a handset issue. Any advice would be much appreciated.

I recently had a replacement handset through insurance due to a screen break on my iPhone. Like for like so iPhone XS to iPhone XS.

No issues with O2 before but on new phone, even though I get a signal when travelling, no websites will actually load (just time out) and voice is patchy if it connects at all. Imessage/Whatsapp messages also fail to send.

On screen, I often have a 4G connection but I notice that when trying to consume data, the phone starts 'bouncing' to a 3G signal, then just phone, back to 4G but all the while, nothing coming through. It's using a lot of battery on the move so I assume is trying hard to find a mast or signal?

Means that I'm effectively limited to wifi at the moment, where everything is working fine.

I've tried resetting network settings and have gone as far as a full white and restore with default settings and apps, no improvement.

Before I go back to insurance company and ask for a repair - is there any way to rule in or rule out network issues?

Last thing to mention - this has been happening for around a month - I just haven't been out much until the end of lockdown to notice!

Message 1 of 2
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22942 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions
1 REPLY 1

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22942 Posts