Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New upgrade

Alexandria_B97
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

So I recently just paid off my device plan and upgraded to a new phone, the new phone comes with a new sim with a new airtime plan, does that mean I'll have a new number? If so how would I go about keeping the old number but having a new airtime plan for the new device?

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23112 Posts
  • 1026 Topics
  • 3684 Solutions

@Alexandria_B97 if your old sim is still working you can do a sim swap: SIM Swap: a mini guide (incl eSim) - O2 Community

If you're not comfortable doing it yourself, call into an O2 store if you have one nearby and they'll do it for you. Be sure to bring identification with you.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23112 Posts
  • 1026 Topics
  • 3684 Solutions

@Alexandria_B97 if your old sim is still working you can do a sim swap: SIM Swap: a mini guide (incl eSim) - O2 Community

If you're not comfortable doing it yourself, call into an O2 store if you have one nearby and they'll do it for you. Be sure to bring identification with you.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 3

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144500 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27709 Solutions

@Alexandria_B97 

The simplest way is to just put your old sim in the new phone, as your contract is updated on your current sim card.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 3