Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New customer pay monthly order

smoggie
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Has anyone had any recent experience??  I placed an order online on Saturday evening for a new pay monthly contract. I received a number of emails and a confirmation of order which contained my new mobile phone number.  I was expecting to receive the new phone on Monday but contacted O2 on Sunday evening as I hadnt received confirmation of dispatch. 

I have spent the last two days trying to figure out what is going on.  I have been told it has been sent to credit referrals  - I phoned them twice now but just keep getting told to await an email (I have checked they have the correct email address.  Customer services are telling me that that it should be resolved within 48 hours of the order being placed and we are well over that now and my only option is to keep phoning them directly. They have made a search on my credit file already and now worried that this will prevent me from renewing my contract with my current provider if it does get declined.

I am due to go into hospital for surgery imminently and now wishing I had upgraded with my current provider rather than attempting to switch (I thought I was getting a better deal) as I may not have this resolved and the phone I wanted beforehand. 

I am so frustrated and just looking for advice on how to get this resolved ASAP.  Any help or advice much appriecated!

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10203 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3013 Solutions

@smoggie

Unfortunately, Credit Referrals can sometimes take a few days to run their additional checks, and the outcome im afraid isnt guarranteed acceptance.

Just to add not all providers credit check on upgrades, so this shouldn't affect that. 

Ill tag @Thomaso1 and @O2Emma to see if they can assist any further

edited to add update

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 2 of 5

O2Emma
Former Staff
  • 1198 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 34 Solutions
Hi @smoggie the information you have been given is correct and as @madasaf1sh advises the credit check is not guaranteed acceptance I will private message you so I can check everything has been sent to correct team.
signature
Message 3 of 5

O2Emma
  • 1198 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 34 Solutions
Thanks @madasaf1sh for info given I will private message to check everything.
signature
Message 4 of 5

smoggie
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for replying.  It just seems a very vintage way of dealing with new customers.  It is especially frustrating that it takes your own detective work to try and figure out what is causing the delay after receiving what looked like confirmation that it had been accepted and only awaiting dispatch. 

Thats good to know regarding my upgrade.  Im condiering just cancelling the order with O2 as I am not impressed with the customer service so far and dont want to end up stuck with a 36 month contract with them if this is my experience so far! 

Thanks again.

Message 5 of 5