Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New contract

Reanne
Level 1: Joiner
  • 8 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi. After I completed my 24 mnth handset contract, I moved to a sim only pay monthly contract, which is £18 a month for 10gb data, and unlimited mins and texts (open ended). 

I'm looking to go back on a pay monthly handset contract, and looking at an iphone 7 / 7 plus, but the 10gb airtime is £24.00 per month. 

Is there any way for me to pay monthly for the iphone handset, but keep my deal of £18 for 10gb? 

Or is there still an NHS discount in play that I can use? (I've never used it but I am an NHS employee). 

I can't seem to speak to anyone via chat, and my upgrade page is useless.

Thanks for your help, 

Reanne 

Message 1 of 16
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

If you want to upgrade to a davice plan tariff there is no way of keeping your SIM Only tariff.

As you say you are a NHS employee you get upto 25% off your airtime so you could definitely take advantage of that or if any friends/family living with you are on O2 you could take advantage of the Family Plan which gives you upto 50% off your airtime depending on how many o2 pay monthly numbers are at your address.

https://www.o2.co.uk/open
https://www.o2.co.uk/family-plan

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 16
15 REPLIES 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

If you want to upgrade to a davice plan tariff there is no way of keeping your SIM Only tariff.

As you say you are a NHS employee you get upto 25% off your airtime so you could definitely take advantage of that or if any friends/family living with you are on O2 you could take advantage of the Family Plan which gives you upto 50% off your airtime depending on how many o2 pay monthly numbers are at your address.

https://www.o2.co.uk/open
https://www.o2.co.uk/family-plan

Message 2 of 16

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143454 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Have a look at our community help here on available discounts
https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-guides/O2-Open-amp-Friends-and-Family-discounts-How-to-sign-up/...
New contracts for phones will require a new airtime tariff too unless you buy your new phone outright.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 16

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Good evening @Reanne! Please take a look at the info provided above and let us know if you have any further questions.

It would be lovely to hear how you get on with this too. slight_smile

Message 4 of 16

Reanne
Level 1: Joiner
  • 8 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for the advice all! I have contacted O2 and they have given me an NHS code so hopefully i'll be able to use that once I have picked my new contract. 

Message 5 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
Great your half way there then. Get your O2 refresh contract and then head over to o2.co.uk/open, sign in with your MyO2 details and apply your discount.
Message 6 of 16

Cleoriff
  • 122383 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Reanne wrote:

Thanks for the advice all! I have contacted O2 and they have given me an NHS code so hopefully i'll be able to use that once I have picked my new contract. 

Excellent news @Reanne. You are nearly ready to go now...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 16

MI5
  • 143454 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
As per the advice in my guide posted above, you'd be better off confirming with your local HR dept as there are many different codes for different NHS trusts.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 8 of 16

Cleoriff
  • 122383 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
As per the advice in my guide posted above, you'd be better off confirming with your local HR dept as there are many different codes for different NHS trusts.

Indeed. All linked to your particular Trusts email address. Others have had a problem thinking it's a generic NHS code

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 9 of 16

MI5
  • 143454 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Yep, that's the point wink

Currently using:
Message 10 of 16