Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

01612776656 Scam?

Jem_
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

01612776656 called today Please be awear this is a scam call block it. He did not ask for name. so initially was on guard as to who they were Did say they were from O2. Polietly carrying on but I was not interested and said so and hung up. Checked number was a scam. Thankfully my phone am able to block call. 

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@Jem_ Apart from blocking the number on your phone you can also report it here: https://www.actionfraud.police.uk/

There are tens of thousands of these calls made every day. The golden rule is never respond to, or give information to a cold caller.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

I have the same number on my blocked list too.

They called me to try and upgrade my phone, to which I declined wink

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 7

jonsie
  • 92919 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Maybe a trusted partner but I urge anyone not to take out any deal from a cold call. I too would block the number. 

Message 3 of 7

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
They called me on my EE number so I guess just a chancer.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 7

Cleoriff
  • 122363 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Manchester area code and always claiming to be O2. Definitely a scam....Google throws up these sort of responses. https://who-called.co.uk/Number/01612776656

Could be a so called trusted partner but who cares? I have had two and the number has now been added to my auto reject list...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 7

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@Jem_ Apart from blocking the number on your phone you can also report it here: https://www.actionfraud.police.uk/

There are tens of thousands of these calls made every day. The golden rule is never respond to, or give information to a cold caller.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 6 of 7

JC5
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

This number called this morning (after sevral weeks of missed calls). Operator was aggressive and wouldn't take no for an answer. Phoned Customer Suport and apparently it is a number associated with the O2 sales team. Explained that agressiveness is not going to produce good sales figures (at least not with me) and received an apology. 

Message 7 of 7