Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New contract

Reanne
Level 1: Joiner
  • 8 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi. After I completed my 24 mnth handset contract, I moved to a sim only pay monthly contract, which is £18 a month for 10gb data, and unlimited mins and texts (open ended). 

I'm looking to go back on a pay monthly handset contract, and looking at an iphone 7 / 7 plus, but the 10gb airtime is £24.00 per month. 

Is there any way for me to pay monthly for the iphone handset, but keep my deal of £18 for 10gb? 

Or is there still an NHS discount in play that I can use? (I've never used it but I am an NHS employee). 

I can't seem to speak to anyone via chat, and my upgrade page is useless.

Thanks for your help, 

Reanne 

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15

Reanne
Level 1: Joiner
  • 8 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

The 02 operative gave me code NHS01, which i guess is generic?

I work for a massive NHS trust. The HR department are not going to be happy for me to ring up asking them to find out an O2 discount code for me and I suspect I would get told that that isn't their job. I was hoping the NHS01 code and a copy of my payslip would work, but I think the whole system is designed to make it difficult to apply for the code, i.e. applying it within 28 days rather than at the start of the contract, and then by the time you work out the code isn't working, you're past your 14 days return point. 

I might check out vodaphone, their NHS discount scheme is easier. 

Many thanks for your clarification regarding the code!

Message 11 of 16

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144288 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27641 Solutions
NHS01 will only work if O2 have that linked to your email domain, hence having to get the correct one from your HR dept.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 12 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
Which NHS Trust do you work for?
Message 13 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
You can text OPEN followed by the company name to 61202 and it will confirm your eligibilty and the O2 Open code to use.
Message 14 of 16

Reanne
  • 8 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I work for Cardiff and Vale University Health Board (University Hospital of Wales. NHS in Wales are now called Health Boards rather than Trusts). I have an @wales.nhs.uk email address. 

Thank you for supplying the text code. I just sent across 'Cardiff and Vale University Health Board' and 'University Hospital of Wales' but neither worked. I typed in Cardiff and Vale NHS Trust (our old name before they moved to health boards' and that has given me the discount code NHS01. 

I guess it's safe to use? Would there be an issue if my payslip says Cardiff and Vale University Health Board?

Thanks all for your replies by the way!

Message 15 of 16

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144288 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27641 Solutions
It's linked to your email so NHS01 is what you need to use.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 16 of 16