Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New contract/upgrade

Anonymous
Not applicable
Upgraded phone and new contract.
Old contract was 2GB data new one is 3.
When I picked up my new phone I put the old sim in new phone thinking this was right. However I then found out I should have requested new sim with old number if I had wanted to keep number so have technically had 2 contracts 2 bills. Just when I seem to get this sorted and receive new sim I follow the swap my sim instructions. Sorted ? No.
Phone not using new contract allowance plan , it’s all there , I can see it on my O2 app. Can anyone help. Driving me mad and can’t keep paying for 2 contracts but only getting the allowance of 1
Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144312 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
You were correct to use your old sim if you upgraded however it sounds like you took a now contract so you need to call customer service to cancel your old one and transfer your number.
https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/How-To-Cancelling-Your-Contract-A-Guide/m-p/566...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Cleoriff
  • 122905 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous If you are actually paying for 2 contracts instead of one then you need to contact customer services https://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

I doubt this is happening though...Its probably just your old number is still showing?. However, ring CS to check

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 4

MI5
  • 144312 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
You were correct to use your old sim if you upgraded however it sounds like you took a now contract so you need to call customer service to cancel your old one and transfer your number.
https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/How-To-Cancelling-Your-Contract-A-Guide/m-p/566...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 4

jonsie
  • 93219 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6975 Solutions

Yes in actual fact you didn't upgrade, you took out an entirely new contract. Call them to get your old number put on the new account.

Normally this would automatically close the old account and any charges/refunds added or deducted from your next bill.

Doing a sim swap slightly confuses things but you are still using your old number on your old account. 

Message 4 of 4