Did you mean: 

New Sim/New phone

JeffMagill
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi,

I have recently upgraded my phone. When ordering online, I ticked new Sim thinking as I was ordering a different phone, I would need a new Sim card along with it. However I wish to keep my original number and would like to know if this is possible? I was unaware that when ordering a new Sim, it would be a new number. Can anybody help me please?

Also, when I insert the New Sim into my new phone, it is not contecting to O2. Would it be possible to even keep my original Sim with the new tariff and original number?
Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

O2William
O2 Support
O2 Support
  • 31 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 3 Solutions
hi, when you upgrade your plan to a new phone or tariff, you keep your number (unless you've asked us to change it.)

firstly, i would suggest putting the original sim in the new phone, when you ask us for a new sim, you need to activate it, so i would expect the original sim to still be working.

if theres anything else we can help with, you can reply and I'll get back to you,

thanks
will

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

O2William
O2 Support
O2 Support
  • 31 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 3 Solutions
hi, when you upgrade your plan to a new phone or tariff, you keep your number (unless you've asked us to change it.)

firstly, i would suggest putting the original sim in the new phone, when you ask us for a new sim, you need to activate it, so i would expect the original sim to still be working.

if theres anything else we can help with, you can reply and I'll get back to you,

thanks
will
Message 2 of 3

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23159 Posts
  • 1027 Topics
  • 3685 Solutions

@JeffMagill If your old sim is the same size, just use that.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 3