Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New SIM card doesn't seem to be working

Lynsey14
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello! I recently upgraded online from an iphone 7 to an iphone XS. When I received the phone there was a new SIM card included which I installed and did the online 'sim swap' yesterday. Almost immediately the signal was lost from my old phone and the new one showed '3g' in the signal area so was quite content.

Last night I tried to make a call and it failed. Repeated several times to no avail. My phone was still showing as having 3g (even though I live in a 4g area) so I tried all the hints and tips I could find online (ie switching to airplane mode, turning off phone and restarting before taking airplane mode off.... taking out and cleaning the simcard... checking there were no service issues in my area)

Took the simcard out again this morning and put it back in and now have no bars showing and no 3g.

I've tried to use the live chat but it brings up a blank screen and obviously I can't phone the helpline as I can't make calls. Please help 😞

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144145 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions

@Lynsey14 

Sounds like a faulty sim card.

Can you get to an O2 shop for a replacement?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 6

Lynsey14
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Yeah I think I'll need to try and get to one after work! The optimist in me was thinking 'maybe I just need to press a certain button and it'll work' see_no_evil

Message 3 of 6

MI5
  • 144145 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions

Assuming it's not a network fault in your area it looks like you've tried everything else. 

https://status.o2.co.uk/

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 6

Lynsey14
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

It has just all of sudden kicked into life and an absolute barrage of messages and notification have come through. Giving you total credit for this! yahoo

Message 5 of 6

MI5
  • 144145 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions
Magic slight_smile

Currently using:
Message 6 of 6