cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Contract claims Unlimited WiFi from BT, is that true.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Guys

Just taken out a new contract and the paperwork says I get unlimited WiFi through BT, is this true.  When I took out my last contract 2 years ago they also said that but no one was ever able to connect to a BT Openzone Hotspot, ad they later admited to me that they had lost the contract.

So have they got the contract back or are o2 still telling porkies.

Thanks

Jeanette

Message 1 of 35
34 REPLIES 34

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144338 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
I can slight_smile I suggest you go into ANY McDonalds and try it from there. If you are having problems there it must be an issue with your phone.....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 21 of 35

Anonymous
Not applicable

I can connect to the Cloud in McDonalds just fine, as I can to the o2WiFi hotspots, I can also connect to all othe Free WiFi hotspots in pubs etc. I can also connect to BTWifi &BTWiFi with Fon using a BT login detail that I know.  I can connect to every WiFi hotspot I am supposed to except the BTOpenzone hotspot.

dont think there is anything wrong with my phone.

thanks

Jeanette

Message 22 of 35

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

I can connect to the Cloud in McDonalds just fine, as I can to the o2WiFi hotspots, I can also connect to all othe Free WiFi hotspots in pubs etc. I can also connect to BTWifi &BTWiFi with Fon using a BT login detail that I know.  I can connect to every WiFi hotspot I am supposed to except the BTOpenzone hotspot.

dont think there is anything wrong with my phone.

thanks

Jeanette

It might have helped if you had mentioned that before, if the one you can't connect to is definitely on the O2 hotspot list and it doesn't work you need to contact O2 and raise a fault for it.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 23 of 35

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

havew you tried the wifi  mac reset send a text 2121 with wifi as the body it may need to clear down any previous mac addresses registered to your number takes about an hour

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 24 of 35

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi have done that countless times as well, still without resolution of this isssue.

Can anyone confirm that they are able to connect to a BTOpenze hotspot listed by the Hotspot finder linked to above.

If no one can connect that would indicate a problem with o2 and their agreement with BT, if some can connect it might indicate a more local problem.

Can anyone connect to BtOpenzone using their o2 logon details.

o2 logon details should be you phone number for both username and password, well thats what o2 support told me.

Thanks

Jeanette

Message 25 of 35

Anonymous
Not applicable
I did not mention all the places I can connect to because I was looking for help with the one place i could not connect to, sorry if that confused you.
Message 26 of 35

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
I'm able to use the one in the shopping centre near to me.

Only found that one by accident and its not listed on the link 😕
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 27 of 35

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi guguys good news at last, I found a BTOpenzone hot spot that allowed me to connect, as an O2 customer. It was in the middle of the Romford shopping centre. 

I suspect the problem is that there are just not many BTOpenzone hot spots out there any more. Lookingnatbthe maps it now looks like there are more O2 hot spots than there are BT ones.

Jeanette

Message 28 of 35

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

At last success, hooray put out the flags, enjoy!!!Smiley LOL

BT say they have 4.5 million in the UK, but my nearest one apart from a local Starbucks (yuk), is between 6 and 7 miles away.

I have about half a dozen O2 hotspots within 2 - 3 miles at the nearest shopping centre, so not too bad.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 30 of 35