cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Contract claims Unlimited WiFi from BT, is that true.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Guys

Just taken out a new contract and the paperwork says I get unlimited WiFi through BT, is this true.  When I took out my last contract 2 years ago they also said that but no one was ever able to connect to a BT Openzone Hotspot, ad they later admited to me that they had lost the contract.

So have they got the contract back or are o2 still telling porkies.

Thanks

Jeanette

Message 1 of 35
34 REPLIES 34

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
Beat you to it Lin wink
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 11 of 35

Anonymous
Not applicable

They are both me, I have two account for some reason and keep forgetting which one i logled on with.

Jeanette & Jeanette-H

Message 12 of 35

Anonymous
Not applicable

The trouble is when I do that I am never presented with the option to log on as an O2 customer and there is never any place to enter my phone number, I only ever get the three BT options for their own customers.

Jeanette

Message 13 of 35

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

Have you checked the BT Openzone hotspots you are trying to connect to are listed here:

http://consumero2.directoryconnection.com/search.php

If not they are private.

Poppy.jpg

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 14 of 35

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
Have you checked the spot against the wifi index search me and Lin and now perksie supplied?
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 15 of 35

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144168 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

The trouble is when I do that I am never presented with the option to log on as an O2 customer and there is never any place to enter my phone number, I only ever get the three BT options for their own customers.

Jeanette

Those are either BT Wifi or BT Wifi with FON, you need BT Openzone and they must be on the O2 list.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 16 of 35

Zombie_Fried
  • 133 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Jeanette

Same ive never seen the landing page to put my o2 number in. Only bt customers log in.

Message 17 of 35

adamtemp64
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

Bt-wifi is just rebranded bt-openzone and as long as the bt-wifi is in the consumer directory linked to above it will work with o2 tariffs that include bt-openzone.

http://www.uswitch.com/broadband/news/2012/06/bt_rebrands_wireless_broadband_service_to_bt_wi_fi/

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 18 of 35

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Guys

Thanks again for all the help.

It looks like all the BTOpenzone, BT_Wifi & BT-Wifi with Fon in my area are not on the BtHotspot list from the link posted above which might hopefully explane why I cannot connect to them.  There is one listed close to somewhere I have to go to tomorrow so will give it a go when I am standing next to it.

Will post back when I get home with the results.

Jeanette

Message 19 of 35

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all

Back with the results

I found the BTOpenzone via the app listed above, it was a BT Callbox in the middle of Chatham High Street, not the sort of place you want to be standing around in with an expensive phone out.

Anyway, I logged on and actualy got a BT Landing page with an option to log on as an o2 customer, so everything was looking good, I say looking good, but after entering my phone number it just sat there and did nothing, which was exactly the possition over 2 years ago when I tried to connect my iPhone3 which was also supposed to include wifi though BT but never did.

Why are O2 still lying to their customers about this, whats the point in saying you can connect when you cannot.

Not impressed with o2 over this as the tech refuse to accept I cannot connect, when clearly I cannot and from reading this forum I am not the only one as I am yet to get a reply from anyone who can.

Jeanette

Message 20 of 35