cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need an answer to a few quick questions please

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hiya...

Hoping any of you can answer these for me...

I took out a new contract online phone arrived a week ago Saturday... can I return it ? Although I have kept and  transferred my old number over to new SIM contract ...! (As was in contract but phone messed about and had to send for repair and thats why i have another newer contract below but not sure was the best way of sorting it to be honest ... but anyway

Is it best If i was to take out another contract different phone contract and then send this back ? And how? 

Then change number again? 

Or just cry .... 

Oh and sorry every time I attempt to log on my o2 

I'm apparently not allowed have to get a code and turn off WiFi blar blar... very odd never remembers me yet I try registering again and I'm already a member stroooth!! 

Thx in advance... sorry if I'm confusing in my explanations type how I think...fatal 😂

Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144308 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
Hmm, a bit confusing, but you have 14 days to change your mind, so you should be just inside that.
https://www.o2.co.uk/help/phones-sims-and-devices/our-change-of-mind-policy
Once returned, you can then choose to take another contract with phone or just drop to sim only if you just want to keep your number.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 21

jonsie
  • 93219 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6975 Solutions

The phone needs to be returned to where you bought it, be that to O2 or instore within 14 days of purchase under the change of mind policy  

All a bit confusing to be honest. Do you have one contract or two? If you want to keep your number y you either stay with O2 or get a PAC to port to another network. I'm a little lost as to why you took out a different contract when the phone went for repair... are you paying for two contracts now  

Message 3 of 21

MI5
  • 144308 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions

OK @Anonymous I've just read your previous posts and it looks like you put your S8+ in for repair with CPW and took a new contract for an S9, again from CPW, is that correct?

If so, you don't have a change of mind period from CPW if buying in store and staying with the same network, so unfortunately, unless you can talk CPW into exchanging or refunding, you are stuck with 2 contracts and your S9.

Did you get the S8+ repaired yet?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes sent off s8+ MI5

Yes I took contract out ( online) with cpw site for s9 to have a phone while plus was to be sent off to be repaired 

I then transferred my number from s8plus to s9 instead of number o2 gave me with the s9 both contracts are with o2 online ...through cpw. 

I'm not sure what's happening with my contract with s8plus as I've moved number to new one and have only have s8 for 5 months so far ... 

Is this understandable? 

Thank u to others who also replied

Message 5 of 21

MI5
  • 144308 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
If you've transferred your number from the S8+ to the S9 your old contract will have been terminated, so if you check in your MyO2 you should see the final bill to pay off the S8+ completely and you should only have one contract now for the S9.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable
O2 bit says 38.71 that was paid today 44.99 is due may 9th for s9...
So I will have to pay ALL OUTSTANDING LIKE ...£788. Omg
Message 7 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable

Everytime I try and access my o2 app it says this Screenshot_20180430-211024_My O2.jpg

Message 8 of 21

MI5
  • 144308 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
Are you sure you didn't just place your old sim in the new phone or do a sim swap?

Currently using:
Message 9 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable

I used same email n number for s8 n s9 .... So?

Message 10 of 21