cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nearly Time To Upgrade

Anonymous
Not applicable

On January 22nd 2014 I can upgrade for free, but as usual, I have no idea what to upgrade to.

My current tariff is as follows:

• My Phone: iPhone 4S
  • My tariff name: O2 600 24 month
    Includes the following: 600 any-network mins, unlimited texts, UK data allowance of 500MB, 20 picture messages per month, unlimited Wi-Fi (The All Rounder for iPhone)
  • Length of contract: 24 months
  • Monthly charge: £31.99 (£37.99 with VAT added)
  • Contract renewal date: 21st February 2014 but can upgrade from 22nd January 2014

When the bill arrives its usually between £37.99 and £45 once VAT has been added. So what do you think I should do, hold on until the iPhone 6 eventually comes out or upgrade and get a 5s?

I have had an iphone for many years now and feel comfortable with one so don't really want to change to a Samsung/Huawei etc unless it makes a huge difference. I also do not want to pay extra for a handset, it must be free.

I am also considering leaving O2 if I don't get a great deal because they're not the friendliest of people on the phone. For example, I called today and asked them how they would beat this deal and all the fella would try and do is sell me the O2 Refresh. He said he wouldn't be able to tell me anything unless I got that. I know that this is bull because I called about the same time when I last upgraded and was given some options.

So there we go, discuss grin

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
If I were you I would look at refresh its a good deal and you can change phones whenever you like bear in mind whatever you upgrade to you will lose the 20mms as O2 no longer include these
Message 2 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
Go check out the independents such as cpw if refresh is not important to you.

Speak to retentions at o2 or visit a store to broker a deal.
Message 3 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

I dont mind losing the free MMS as I tend to use iMessage/WhatsApp and Facebook etc these days.

I usually go through retentions as they have been kind to me over the years with deals etc.

I cant use CPW as whenever I have tried to get a contract with them they have said it comes back with no, same for p4u thats why I prefer to deal direct with O2.

Message 4 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have the iPhone 5s on Refresh
I pay £42 a month (£25 for the phone plan and £17 for unlimited mins, texts and 1gb data)
It's a good phone, no problems with it so far and now you can get the 16gb with no upfront cost
If you don't mind waiting for the iPhone 6 to come out, might be worth waiting but I think the phone and the tariff will be bit pricey
Message 5 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
Is the point in refresh so that I can just get the 6 when its released?
Message 6 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

You would have to pay off any remaining costs for your iPhone 5s and then start again for the iPhone [whatever they'll call it ]

Message 7 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok well I have since got a deal from another network which sounds good:

iPhone5s 16GB Gold for £37.99 plan on 24 months contract. It includes 1000 minutes, unlimited texts, 500mb data and Visual Voicemail.

Message 8 of 9

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144881 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27775 Solutions
500Mb won't go far unless you can connect to Wi-Fi....?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 9 of 9