Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My o2 not set up correctly

Chief89
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
Hi I recently went from pay and go to pay monthly. I have now been pay monthly for around 5 days. On my o2 it has correct phone number(kept my old number) it is showing the wrong device though, it shows I still have my Samsung Galaxy J5 and not a Samsung Galaxy A71. I also was told I could make extra payments to my device to pay it off quicker which is in my contract. However via my o2 the option for making payments to my device tells you to phone 202.
I dont really have any joy with 202 as it either cuts me off or doesnt take me where I need to be on IVR. Gurus wont be able to help with this as its more a tech error upon set up at o2 end and not something I need taught about my phone. There is also no live chat so no help forums etc will help this is why I have come to o2 community. Although with all due respect I feel the answer here will be call 202 which doesnt work. The obvious questions I have are what do I do to have my o2 device changed correctly? and how can I then make payments to this new device when it wont let me through my o2?
Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144086 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions

@Chief89 

Try complaints chat as that worked for you previously.

Overpayment of device must be done via a call every month. It cannot be done online and your phone will update automatically when the system can be bothered.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

Cleoriff
  • 122767 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

Hi @Chief89 

You do need to call to ask for them to reset your account.

However, this guide contains numerous contact numbers for O2 Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

This number 0800 587 4005 has a high success rate of getting through to an advisor. They open at 8am

Best of luck.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 3

MI5
  • 144086 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions

@Chief89 

Try complaints chat as that worked for you previously.

Overpayment of device must be done via a call every month. It cannot be done online and your phone will update automatically when the system can be bothered.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 3