cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My bill

Anonymous
Not applicable
Good day I have just been hit with a bill of £525 pounds by someone using my mobile number in the UK to phone abroad. I work and live in Saudi Arabia and kept my number for the convenience of using it when i return on holiday. I have not been in the UK since January. I have my sim here with me but somehow someone is running up a bill. I have been an O2 customer for at least 15 years and this is my 1st experince of a bill that is not mine. Has anyone else experienced this and what was the outcome? Silly me has kept on a minimal contract instead of going over to pày as you go big mistake.
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 126096 Posts
  • 832 Topics
  • 7552 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous. If you think someone is using your number fraudulently then you MUST report this to customer services immediately https://www.o2.co.uk/contactus.

They can block the number and report it to the fraud team for investigation.

Also log into My O2 and change your password and security question. You can also check recent orders to see if anyone has tried to order anything http://www.o2.co.uk/myo2

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
Good morning Cleoriff i spent an hour chatting with an O2 advisor lastnight and my account is now blocked. My normal monthly bill is £17 and I get an email to say my bill is ready but you can imagine my shock. She agreed it was impossible for someone to use my number when I had the sim with me. But its there in black and white and being investigated. All calls coming from the Uk. Who these days with skype and whatsapp use a mobile to phone abroad regularly?
Message 3 of 14

Cleoriff
  • 126096 Posts
  • 832 Topics
  • 7552 Solutions

Well I'm really glad it's being investigated @Anonymous. If you have proof you are abroad and the calls are coming from the UK then obviously serious fraud has taken place.

My advice would be to keep chasing this up. You don't want to find yourself liable for this bill if CS haven't investigated thoroughly. Best of luck with it....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thankyou
Message 5 of 14

MI5
  • 149594 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28517 Solutions
Is this amount showing in your MyO2 http://www.o2.co.uk/myo2
If so you can look in the bill breakdown to see where the calls were made to.
Do you have Tugo set up on any device that’s still in the uk?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 6 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi MI5 yes it is showing in MyO2 and the country called is Gambia. No I do not have Tugo set up on any device in the UK. I have only one device my phone and it is with me here with my saudi sim inserted. The question is how is it possible for somone to hack my O2 acc and make calls? The lady I spoke to yesterday told me it was impossible.
Message 7 of 14

MI5
  • 149594 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28517 Solutions
Is your o2 sim still active?
The only possible way would be for someone to have got a sim swap which would have deactivated the one you have.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 8 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
The sim is not active now I got it blocked yesterday. Its my fault for not checking my bill but when you are not using it and your monthly bill comes in and its always the same you skim over. I feel that im in for a fight with O2 trying to prove I was not in the country. Uk customs do log our passports when entering the country but how easy is that to access? Saudi government immigration does have a log of my entry and exits. How suspicious is it that its the same number everytime and only that number no other number called longest 35 minutes
Message 9 of 14

MI5
  • 149594 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28517 Solutions
So you don't know if it was still active before you blocked the account?
I'm sure if you can prove your location you'll be fine and o2 will know if your sum has been swapped recently.
Message 10 of 14