cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving abroad

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey guys, So im going to be moving abroad for 2 and a half months at the end of the month and am really stuck with what to do about my phone. I'm on the last month of my contract on a blackberry but dont know if i should get a new phone in england and try and just use a french sim in it, or do i buy a phone in france and use a french network? 

Someone please please help me as i have no idea what to do 😕 

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Well you lucky so & so !

What an adventure ahead of you.

Regarding your question ;

Is there somebody in France that can tell you how much sim free / factory unlocked phones are so you can make an informed choice as to whether to buy one in the Uk or France !

The other issue is warranty.

Normally warranties are not valid in another country.

So if you bought a phone here and it went wrong you may have issues having it serviced under the warranty in France.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Obviously you won't be taking a new contract or you will be paying for it for 2 years and the horrendous roaming charges whilst in France, so I assume you are talking about buying a phone outright, sim free, in which case any sim will work in it anywhere in the world so it doesn't matter where you buy it from.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Well you lucky so & so !

What an adventure ahead of you.

Regarding your question ;

Is there somebody in France that can tell you how much sim free / factory unlocked phones are so you can make an informed choice as to whether to buy one in the Uk or France !

The other issue is warranty.

Normally warranties are not valid in another country.

So if you bought a phone here and it went wrong you may have issues having it serviced under the warranty in France.

Message 3 of 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
I would think that any warranties would be valid throughout Europe without issue......
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

any global company would have their warranties extended to every country i would assume

Message 5 of 5