cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving From Pay Monthly To Simplicity

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello All,

My pay monthly contract is about to come to it's 24 month end (thank God!!), and I wanted to just move to one of the Simplicity tariffs.

My question is can I do this with just a call to customer services?  Or do I have to start getting a new sim sent, and fill in the keep my number form etc etc?

It would be good if It can just be done over the phone and just the tariff altered, rather than having to get a new sim and all that.

Has anyone out there done this, and can you tell me the process please.

Thanks

Sam

Message 1 of 9
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

if it is a pay monthly 30 day simplicity just a call if payg simplicity they need to send a sim but you can keep number using the form or o2 can arrange it.

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

adamtemp64
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

if it is a pay monthly 30 day simplicity just a call if payg simplicity they need to send a sim but you can keep number using the form or o2 can arrange it.

Apple Watch series 4
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 2 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
You are aware you will lose the perk of upgrading your phone for a nice new shiny one at contract end.
Message 3 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

@adamtemp64

yes, its the 12 month simplicity one I was going to go for.  So a phone call should do that then.

Message 4 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

@bandofbrothers

yes, it works out cheaper for me to just buy the phone I want as the cost of the tariff is much lower.  Also means I can see what's available in 11 months(with a month early upgrade). Rather than being tied into another two years which I was trying to avoid this time round.

Message 5 of 9

adamtemp64
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

yes should have added the 12 month option to my reply

Apple Watch series 4

Message 6 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks Adamtemp64 🙂
Message 7 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous

yes, it works out cheaper for me to just buy the phone I want as the cost of the tariff is much lower.  Also means I can see what's available in 11 months(with a month early upgrade). Rather than being tied into another two years which I was trying to avoid this time round.

This works for me too.

I buy my iphones from the Apple high-street store sim free and factory unlocked, which allows me to float around networks if i so wish.

Right now im on payg with 02 and for £25.50 a month I receive ;

300 cross network minutes.

50 mms.

Unlimited texts.

Unlimited wifi.

1gb data.

Perhaps you could update your thread in the future with your eventual choice of phone and tariff.

Message 8 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

Will do Bandofbrothers (if I remember that is Smiley LOL)

It will definitely be an iphone, but don't think I'll be able to stretch to a 5, but will probably go for a 4 or 4s which is still an upgrade for me as I'm still using a 3gs.

Message 9 of 9