Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Move old phone number onto new SIM

HW294
Level 1: Joiner
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I recently had to buy a new phone and upgraded my O2 contract at the same time. The new phone with its new SIM card has arrived and I want to move my old O2 number onto the new SIM card. I have followed all the support given on the O2 website & have texted SWAP to 20220, but all this does is confirm the SIM card is active, it does not give any options for how to move my old number across onto this new SIM. My O2 account is still giving details of my previous contract and I've run out of options for solving this prolem. Any ideas?

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
That form will move your current account details to a new sim.
You just want a number move I assume?
You'll have to get hold of O2 to cancel the request if that's what you've done.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 11 of 13

HW294
Level 1: Joiner
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Yes I want to just keep the number - I got to that form directly from the how to keep your mobile number section of hte help page, and right at the top it says "Keep your mobile number" - so logic would dictate that is the correct form to use to make that happen...

If it moves everything associated with the number that is incredibly misleading! 

I cannot get hold of o2 at all at the moment because of what is going on. This is not the situation I wanted 😞

Message 12 of 13

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Sorry but you'll need to keep trying.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 13 of 13