Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay Monthly

Highlighted
Anonymous
Accepted Solution

Move from Simplicity to Pay & Go

I'm currently on an O2 Simplicity 100 and want to move to Pay & Go.  Reason is I'm leaving the country permanently, but would like to keep my number/text occassionally during my travels abroad.  Do I need to get a PAC code and how long does it take to switch over?

Any help greatly appreciated, thanks Smiley Happy

Highlighted
Topics: 295
Kudos: 1,853
Ideas: 6
Solutions: 1,316

Re: Move from Simplicity to Pay & Go

just ring o2 on 202 and ask for the changeover to take place they will sort it all

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 11” 2018 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Henstridge Rural South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Highlighted
Anonymous

Hi mish82

No you don't require a PAC code if you are choosing to transfer your number from your O2 contract, to O2 pay and go.

A PAC code is only required if you are leaving the O2 network completely to join another network, but want to keep the same mobile number.

To transfer your contract mobile number to pay and go with O2, all you need to do is either call 202 free from your mobile phone, or alternatively you can chat to our online support team who will be able to action this for you.

They will send out a free pay and go sim card through the post to you, which should arrive in 3-5 days, and also arrange for your number to transfer to that sim card in 7 days time. On the same day that your number transfers to the pay and go sim card, your contract will automatically cancel, meaning you can get this all sorted in the one call, or chat.

Hope this helps Smiley Happy

Highlighted
Anonymous

Thanks for informative and quick response! I'll give them a call!