Did you mean: 

Monthly Bill

Khalid1
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi there,

I started my contract in March 2022 (£30 /month).  I’ve got the notification that my next bill will be £34.51, due on 1st May 2022. 
How come my contract is gone up within a month - I’m not happy with it at all - I might cancel my agreement with O2 & move to someone else who are more straight forward regarding these sort of issues. 

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 9983 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions

@Khalid1 

It did quite specifically say that only contracts started after the 25th March would not incur the annual RPI Price increase, and I am afraid to say you read and agreed to these terms and conditions when you signed up. 

If you wish to cancel all amounts will be due immediately on a refresh plan, and if one anything but a 30 day sim only termination fees would be due.  Full details on how to cancel are here Guide: Cancelling Your Contract 

All Mobile networks are the same and have a cut off date towards the end of March for RPI increase.

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 9983 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions

@Khalid1 

It did quite specifically say that only contracts started after the 25th March would not incur the annual RPI Price increase, and I am afraid to say you read and agreed to these terms and conditions when you signed up. 

If you wish to cancel all amounts will be due immediately on a refresh plan, and if one anything but a 30 day sim only termination fees would be due.  Full details on how to cancel are here Guide: Cancelling Your Contract 

All Mobile networks are the same and have a cut off date towards the end of March for RPI increase.

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 2 of 3

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35207 Posts
  • 223 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions

Hi @Khalid1 - about £3.50 of that bill, from ca 15th April, will be the annual RPI increase, which is levied every April by all of the telecoms companies, based on the inflation rate plus 3.9% (in O2's case) - info here:  https://www.o2.co.uk/prices?osr=rpi

Screenshot_20220419-194528.png

If you check your MyO2, you'll be able to see what out-of-tariff charges make up the extra £1-odd.

If you need help, O2's Social Media Team can help, links just below this post. Good luck!

Message 3 of 3