Did you mean: 

Mobile Direct new contract prohlems

Jes1969w
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi,

I bought a phone and o2 contract deal from mobile direct 2 weeks ago. They haven’t been able to set up my O2 account and claim that an IT system change at O2 is the cause of the problem. They say it’s a blanket issue between the, and O2 and can’t tell n it will be fixed.

i work in IT and taking two weeks to fix an issue like this sounds odd. Surely there are alternative ways to onboard new customers into O2.

Does this stack up ? Any ideas as to what is going on ? If this is true then it doesn’t reflect well on the O2 brand.

Best regards,

Jes

Message 1 of 25
24 REPLIES 24

sanny87
  • 3 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello Robean,

Did you get an update?

I been waiting since 18/04/24. It will be 2 weeks tomorrow.

Message 21 of 25

Robean
  • 4 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi @sanny87 

Yes it turned up in the 24th, waited 3 weeks in the end. Not sure whether it was just my time or from nagging at MPD every other day asking for an update!

Message 22 of 25

sanny87
  • 3 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you for the update. 3 weeks is ridiculous. I want to hang on as at the time of signing up I would have been entitled to apply for a Samsung S6 Lite tablet. They assure me I should still be able to claim that but I am not convinced. They had the best deal for 02, so it is the deal I'd have been going for anyway. 

Message 23 of 25

sanny87
  • 3 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I gave up after 5 weeks. Bought a handset and went sim only direct with O2. What a joke it was waiting that long.

Message 24 of 25

Oxonian
Level 33: Firestarter
  • 9312 Posts
  • 214 Topics
  • 26 Solutions

@sanny87 wrote:

I gave up after 5 weeks. Bought a handset and went sim only direct with O2. What a joke it was waiting that long.

At least that gives you finality @sanny87 ; you should not have had to wait that long. 👍

Message 25 of 25