cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mobile Broadband

Anonymous
Not applicable

Having signed up for Mobile Broadband I was very disappointed when the download speed was 38 kBps. It is almost unusable. I live in York, not the outer hebrides. I then decided to see about home broadband. In the shop, they said it was £8.50 a month for the basic package but as an O2 customer, I could have it half price. When I returned to sign up, it appears that I was LIED to in the shop. The 50% reduction is only available on the £12.50 a month package. Then I received  a text saying my router would be delivered today between 10:00 and 14:00. Well guess what, it didn't arrive. When I tried to ring O2, it took them 9 minutes to answer the phone. All in all I am not at all impressed.

Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions
tooslowforme,

I have sent you a private message.

Cheers!

Toby
Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

View solution in original post

Message 8 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93220 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

The present deals are here and if you have an O2 mobile you will get a £5 a month reduction anyway:

http://www.o2.co.uk/broadband

http://www.o2.co.uk/broadband/xboxoffer

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 3 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
We all get teething problems and I'm sure the employee thought they were giving the right information at the time. I bet they were embarrassed when confronted with the actual correct info.

Not getting the router on the day it was promised for delivery is unprofessional and I would hazzard a bet they would blame the courier company.

I personally chose Bt for my ISP and over the years have had very little issue.

Perhaps you could re post when it's all settled in and post your after thoughts on the Internet service from 02 and if your getting those reductions without zany further hitches.
Message 4 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

I fail to see the relevance of this post. O2 have won an award, well let me go and crack open the champagne. I will sleep better tonight knowing that providing me with such dreadful broadband and being lied to in the shop is being done by an award winning company.

It does not help me any.

I

Message 5 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

The employee lied to me. If he did not know the current position regarding broadband then why is he on the shopfloor advising people?  It is alright you posting links for the latest broadband offers but you are sending them to the wrong person, if you could send them to  the O2 shop in York, maybe they could show them totheir staff so when a customer comes in, they will be able to give them the correct information.

I notice nobody has commented on my mobile broadband speed. I would imagine that O2 are too embarrassed to mention it.slow2.JPG

Message 6 of 8

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

Try using the cable to try and get the modem closer to a window as mobile phone signals don't travel too well inside some buildings.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 7 of 8

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions
tooslowforme,

I have sent you a private message.

Cheers!

Toby
Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 8 of 8