cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pay&Go - cannot make calls in Slovakia

Anonymous
Not applicable

Guys,

I've got an O2 P&G sim I cannot make a call with when I am in Slovakia. No matter what network I log into (O2, Tmobile, Orange) I just get message 'error in connection', 'no network coverage', 'no connection' or similar. I can receive a call, I can receive and send sms (and they get through).

There is no problem (=I can call) closer to border (and beyond it) where I pick up an Austrian or Czech network (O2, vodafone, whatever).

It does not seem to be linked to phone because when I put my sim into wife's/brother's phone I get the same trouble. Wife's on o2 contract and does not have the problem.

I haven't experienced this problem elsewhere in Europe (Spain, Germany, Swiss...)

I've struggled with this for few years now but because I had a Slovak sim or borrowed phone it did not bother me too much. Now I'm going again, don't have SK sim anymore and don't know if I'll be able to borrow a phone from somebody.

Any ideas?

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

macblank
Level 15: Gaining a Reputation
  • 520 Posts
  • 19 Topics
  • 23 Solutions

speak to customer service (cs) to see what limits/restrictions are on your sim.

Old Phone Geek!!! A Mobile User Since 1993
Samsung Galaxy S3

Feel Free to Add Kudos, If I Have Helped slight_smile

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

macblank
Level 15: Gaining a Reputation
  • 520 Posts
  • 19 Topics
  • 23 Solutions

speak to customer service (cs) to see what limits/restrictions are on your sim.

Old Phone Geek!!! A Mobile User Since 1993
Samsung Galaxy S3

Feel Free to Add Kudos, If I Have Helped slight_smile
Message 2 of 3

Anonymous
Not applicable

slight_smile that's what they say in o2 shops! slight_smile

yes, I've tried customer services, most recently about an hour ago (livechat):

there is no problem with o2 services in SK, there's nothing wrong with your account, just pick a network (automatically or manually) and it'll work, clean you sim with dry cloth, maybe there's no signal, go out of building etc. all blooming obvious things I tried 150times before.

I guess I'll just have to get used to it

last time i was there and this problem was in october, will let you know if anything changed when I get back to uk in january.

Message 3 of 3