cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mistake by O2 advisor

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello. I upgraded my phone on 22/12/15 and I did it face to face in an o2 store. I discussed with the advisor the tarrif I wanted and it seems she clicked the wrong one and I have signed the contract for the wrong one.
I just checked bank statement and realised that I am paying £37.50 a month for my phone but in the store I discussed and said I wanted the tariff that was £33.50. I can't seem to get anywhere with this as they say that I agreed to the tarrif when I signed the contract but when I signed it there were no numbers on it and I assumed it was the tarrif that I said I wanted. What can I do about this?
Message 1 of 23
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Anonymous your only option is a complaint..

I am surprised that it took you 3 months to realise this if honest slight_frown

Not sure with this amount of time into the contract that they will be able to do anything

http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 23
22 REPLIES 22

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Anonymous your only option is a complaint..

I am surprised that it took you 3 months to realise this if honest slight_frown

Not sure with this amount of time into the contract that they will be able to do anything

http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 23

MI5
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Are you sure it's the tariff that is costing more and not £4 worth of additional charges?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable
Truth is my bills come by email and don't tell me the amount coming out it just says to check your bull go here then has a website. And I don't check bank statements every month as they are online I just happened to check. You don't look for something to be wrong if you assume everything is fine. The tarrif I am on is totally wrong for me as I have more data which i don't use and calls which I don't use. I know that something might not be done but it was the fault of an advisor who was rushing me as it was Christmas time.
Message 4 of 23

jonsie
  • 92916 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

You can make a complaint as above but check in your bolt ons to see if there is a discount showing. 

Message 5 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable
MI5 no it's definitely the tarrif because after checking my bank statement I then logged into my o2 and I am paying 17.50 for airtime and 20.00 for the phone. Whereas I clearly remember going into the store with the 13.50 airtime tarrif in my head and that's the one we agreed on at the time.
Message 6 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable
No I'm not in the two week period because I hadn't even started paying yet within that period so I didn't think anything was wrong.
Message 7 of 23

jonsie
  • 92916 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Message 8 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes I thought this would be the case. Very annoying situation.
Message 9 of 23

MI5
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
You need to check your contract and see what you signed for.
Mine states the amount for the tariff and if yours doesn't state that you could push for an annulment of your contract.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 10 of 23