Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Miss sold contract

Letty44
Level 1: Joiner
  • 6 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I was offered 3 Months’ free when I enquired online about a sim only contract for my phone and my granddaughter’s phone. I was told they would take a payment in October and then Nov, Dec and Jan would be free. I didn’t realise I could get a transcript of the online conversation and now O2 say they have no record of this offer. I was deciding between a BT offer and this one and I chose O2 because of the offer of 3 months free. Has anyone else been made offers to get them to sign up, only to find O2 won’t honour them ? 

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 36070 Posts
  • 229 Topics
  • 1604 Solutions

@Queenie2033 wrote:

Yes, this seems to have happened to me too.

Which bit, @Queenie2033 - the missing web-chat transcript, or the back-pedalling by O2 Sales, saying they have no record of the offer?

You can always message O2 on Social Media, if you feel you've been told one thing and offered another:

Facebook (https://o2uk.co/O2CFB) , 

Twitter (https://o2uk.co/O2CTW) or 

Instagram (https://o2uk.co/O2CIG).

Message 11 of 15

O2Lisa
Former Staff
  • 996 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 32 Solutions

Morning all, thanks for the tag @MI5.

@Letty44 sorry to hear this, I'll message you privately and look further in to this for you.

My working hours are Monday - Thursday 08:00 - 18:00
Any messages sent outside these time will be responded to on my return.
Thanks slight_smile

signature
Girl in a jacket
Message 12 of 15

Letty44
Level 1: Joiner
  • 6 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi - both bits. I have made some progress through . I managed to track down the transcript of when I returned to place the order. The multisave discount and the 3 months’ free offer were in the transcript . I got a bit of a weak apology from their Twitter customer services and the offer to pay me a credit for the 3 months owed. Unfortunately, in spite of having 2 x phones on the account, the credit is only for one phone. I have pointed this out to them . I have been to Ofcom and their opinion is that it’s a mis selling situation .  I will wait until the Twitter service eventually gets back to me with confirmation of  the correct amount of credit, before I make an official complaint. I am not a happy bunny. I do not like being treated like a liar. 

Message 13 of 15

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10206 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3013 Solutions

@Letty44 

Just so you know OfCom don't investigate consumer complaints and you will need to go through the full o2 complaints process and then it can go to the Ombudsman Service, so what OfCom say can be taken with a pinch of salt im afraid..

The o2 Process is here How to Complain | Help | O2

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 14 of 15

Queenie2033
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I was referring to the free credit not originally being applied to my bill as I had been told. However, I'm pleased to say that its all now being resolved which I am pleased about. Best wishes to you.

Message 15 of 15