Did you mean: 

Microsoft Surface Pro X Pay Monthly no internet

r53bertyboo
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hey,

I've just upgraded yesterday to a Microsoft Surface Pro X with a new Nano Sim.  I have followed the process to swap sim using an old iPhone.  My previous device which I upgraded from was an iPad.

Sim swap completed fine, and when I put the new Nano Sim into the iPhone I can browse Google.co.uk via Safari when only using the Mobile network (Wi-Fi Disabled).

Swap the card over to the surface and I can't access any internet based website or ping google.co.uk or 8.8.8.8

Anybody know how I can get this resolved before my 14 days are up?  Otherwise I'll have to try and return it.

O2 Call Center is flat out obviously, so can't get any help through those guys and also Live Chat is not available.  Can't find anything specific on the website for the Surface Pro X or Surface Go LTE either.

Thanks,

Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions
Maybe try the ones on the below link. These are for a Windows phone, but as the Surface is also Windows...
https://www.apnsettings.org/uk/o2-uk-apn-settings-for-windows-phone/

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143408 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@r53bertyboo 

Assuming you have the data option enabled it would seen the SP is faulty so you'll need to contact customer service by phone to get it exchanged Guide: How to find help & contact O2 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 8

r53bertyboo
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Yes Data is enabled.  I'll try to get hold of O2 then 😞

Message 3 of 8

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143408 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Good luck....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 8

gmarkj
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions
You might need to set up the APN to allow access as the Surface would not have those already set up.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Message 5 of 8

r53bertyboo
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Do you have any idea what they should be.  I did try and follow a previous post on here regarding APN's and Surface Pro X.  But that didn't work either, however may have been incorrect settings.

Message 6 of 8

gmarkj
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions
Maybe try the ones on the below link. These are for a Windows phone, but as the Surface is also Windows...
https://www.apnsettings.org/uk/o2-uk-apn-settings-for-windows-phone/

Message 7 of 8

r53bertyboo
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks now got it working wink

Message 8 of 8