cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mastercard giftcard just some Fraudulent Scam?

Clark5119
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Took out a Samsung S23 FE in February, was due to receive the Mastercard by April 18. On April 16 I was emailed by o2claims claiming I wasnt eligible because my account was not upto date, it was. I emailed them for them to tell me o2 informs them of eligibility and to contact o2. 

I contacted o2 who apologised for the inconvience, credited £10 to my bill and reissued the Mastercard again. I now had to wait until May 28, thats ok I can wait I thought.

Once again as the card is due I receive yet another email from o2claims, this time they claim I reduced the data allowance on my contract so I'm no longer eligible, this is a flat out lie, my contract has never been changed in any way shape or form.

So I call the number for Blackhawk (o2claims / o2rewards)  first thing the automated voice says is if you received a no longer eligible email then contact o2 as they cant help.

After contacting o2 and o2 reassuring me they know I havent changed my contract, yet again apoligsed to me and this time issued me £20 bill credit and they reassure me they see I kept my obligations and to contact Blackhawk again. I explained this is futile but I called them anyway and spoke to someone who said I need to speak to o2.

Is this just some scam? Why can't one o2 company speak to another? Why do I as the customer have to do all the chasing around? I kept my obligations, why do I now have to contact o2 who say contact Blackhawk, who then say to contact o2.

This all seems to be a convulated way to burn me out and cut my losses.

Can anyone provide me with any insight in how to proceed?

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

Corvette
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

This has all been sorted now and card recieved this afternoon, I'm sure it was probably down to @Dave-O2 help

Thanks again

Message 11 of 11