Mast fix expectations...

Matty_b
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 13 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
"TS7***

Sorry a phone mast in this area isn't working

This means your service might come and go until we fix it.

Updated 11:34 (refreshed hourly). Recent faults might not show yet."

My Mobile Broadband has had a flaky signal / slower than a tortoise since Tuesday 16th (discovered, on returning from holiday)

Moaned at live chat on Sunday 21/10/2018 (severely frustrated, by day 5)

What's reasonable expectations, service restoration, and bill credit wise on this one (ongoing) ... I'm just over 12 months, into a 24 month MBB contract

(... depending how long this goes on, will determine my renewal (or jump to 3 MBB) options in just over 11 months)
Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19

Matty_b
  • 13 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
I'm started giving them hassle on social media, making it public domain.. and ... when the 48hrs officially clocks round (in about an hour), I'll submit a format complaint about reception issues, and the repair time being misrepresented by an O2 agent (complete with chat transcript, and service status screen scrape).

Unrelated, but still related.. my MBB plan is on a refresh plan, and the handset is separate to the data airplan.. If I wanted to change tarriff to reduce my airtime plan, can this be done, and do I need to clear the device fee first?

(I'm wanting to reduce my plan, so that if this continues 11x£X is a lower ETF based on amended tarriff ... I've lost confidence in O2)
Message 11 of 20

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92916 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Once you have paid off the device plan you are free to change tariff or leave O2.

Message 12 of 20

Matty_b
  • 13 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
Thanks..

Device plan paid off, and IEMI submitted via 'unlock device' on the O2 website, for my 4g router device unlock..

Its a waiting game now, between network fix, or unlock instructions.. whatever comes first wins...

It might look like a severe overaction, but when O2 rolled out 4G 4 or 5 years ago, the infrastructure upgrades killed my 3g at month 15 of 18 term for a few weeks.. long enough for me to PAC out at month 17..

Yes I checked coverage with a sim, before joining back up.. and the 4G has been generally flawless (4G rollout long gone)

... but I'm really 'fault sensitive' in light of 8 weeks on the offensive with O2, 4 or 5 years ago ...
Message 13 of 20

jonsie
  • 92916 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Message 14 of 20

Matty_b
  • 13 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
.. The paying off of the device plan, at least gets you taken seriously, and you'll find customer service put you through to the 'network team' when you subsequently attempt a disconnection...

At least I have an on going case with the 'network team'..

Pity I'm having to limp along, by putting the MiFi in a waterproof Tupperware box outside the window, to get a near usable connection... I'll see what O2 come back with, with respect good will gesture

... next billing period rolls over in just over 2 weeks, it's a convenient breakpoint, if not resolved
Message 15 of 20

Matty_b
  • 13 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
@fyodor any news with your follow up, in the same postcode area?
Message 16 of 20

Matty_b
  • 13 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
Good news... it's finally fixed slight_smile ..

Had the 'network update' email from O2Alerts (and will test the connection tonight)... now just need to chat about a bill credit for a couple of weeks

... Pity it needed someone to get to the brink of walking, to get updates etc.
Message 17 of 20

MI5
  • 143423 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Glad they sorted it for you..... wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 18 of 20

Matty_b
  • 13 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
False hope ... It's gone down again 😞

"
TS70**
Sorry a phone mast in this area isn't working

This means your service might come and go until we fix it.

Updated 12:05 (refreshed hourly). Recent faults might not show yet.
"
Message 19 of 20

jonsie
  • 92916 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

It's getting ridiculous now. I hope they upgrade the mast after all this downtime.

Message 20 of 20