Did you mean: 

MCK Code

kazr
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi,

I was an O2 pay monthly customer up until May this year, when I switched to Vodafone. In the process of changing networks, I was given a PAC code as the phone was locked to O2. Unfortunately the code was misread and used incorrectly three times and the phone now asks for an MCK code. I've asked O2 for this several times and they keep sending me to Vodafone who are saying they can't help because I need to go back to whoever I purchased the phone from orginally, which was O2. O2 then sent me directly to the phone manufacturer (Samsung) who have today told me to go back to O2.

My question is who is responsible for providing the MCK code - O2, Vodafone or Samsung? As soon I have an idea whose responsibility it is, hopefully I'll be able to get the issue resolved as so far it's taken four months I I've got nowhere.

Thanks in Advance!

Karen

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144134 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27604 Solutions

@kazr 

It is O2 who need to request it from Samsung, unfortunately customer service have no clue.

@LukasB should be able to help you next week.

Come back if you don't hear anything by Tuesday.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 10

kazr
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you MI5! You've given me hope - we'll wait to hear from @LukasB pray

Message 3 of 10

MI5
  • 144134 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27604 Solutions

You're welcome @kazr thumbsup

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 10

LukasB
Former Staff
  • 1791 Posts
  • 177 Topics
  • 4 Solutions

Hey @MI5 @kazr just saw this. I will pm you @kazr on here for some more information.

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 5 of 10

MI5
  • 144134 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27604 Solutions

Thanks @LukasB thumbsup

Currently using:
Message 6 of 10

LukasB
Former Staff
  • 1791 Posts
  • 177 Topics
  • 4 Solutions

Anytime @MI5  wink

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 7 of 10

Mel2282
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

hi sorry I’m having the same issue if someone can help,son has a phone from a friend but it’s coming up with network unlock code blocked.Have gone to Samsung and the codes provided aren’t working! Please someone help! 

Message 8 of 10

MI5
  • 144134 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27604 Solutions

@Mel2282 wrote:

hi sorry I’m having the same issue if someone can help,son has a phone from a friend but it’s coming up with network unlock code blocked.Have gone to Samsung and the codes provided aren’t working! Please someone help! 

@RafaC @lewys-gp 

Can you help @Mel2282 ?

Currently using:
Message 9 of 10

RafaC
Former Staff
  • 1774 Posts
  • 157 Topics
  • 4 Solutions

Hey @MI5 thanks for the tag.

@Mel2282 I'm going to send you a PM for some more information on this.

Message 10 of 10