cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lots of unused credit - pay towards new phone?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello to you all,

Apologies if this has been asked before but I did a search and could not find anything.

I am currently on Pay as you go Unlimited and have built up a lot of credit on my phone (currently in excess of £100). I was wondering if it is possible to put this credit towards a new handset with O2?

Or, if I chose to switch to a contract with O2 would I still be able to avail of this credit?

Many thanks in advance for any help or advice you can offer. 

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143436 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
If you switch to a contract you can transfer the money over as a credit on your account. I think thats the only way.....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
  • 143436 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
If you switch to a contract you can transfer the money over as a credit on your account. I think thats the only way.....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MI5 wrote:

Many thanks for your prompt response M15. I think you are spot on. Thank you for taking the time to reply. Will have to weigh up my options I think.

Message 3 of 5

MI5
  • 143436 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Good luck with your choice, but as you say, choose wisely wink

Currently using:
Message 4 of 5

Cleoriff
  • 122363 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi Shauneyd, I moved to contract from PAYG in February this year. I had £50+ credit from PAYG. The only option they gave me was to move my credit to go towards my contract bill(s)

I did ask if it could be used to pay for the handset (Samsung S3) but apparently any credit from PAYG can only be used to offset bills Hope this helps Smiley LOL

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 5