cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost iPhone - With no insurance!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there...

Here's my scenario.  Basically I've lost my iPhone from place to another via a taxi.  It's still not been recovered.  My pickle is that it's just been upgraded and didn't even get chance to insurance it through my bank!  Here's what I've done so far...  Checked on my 'Find my Phone' app - NOTHING.  It's not picking up a signal and I've used the little modes they offer but still nothing.  Rung Apple and they've basically said it's not been switched on if the automated e-mail hasn't come through etc.  Rung the police and got a case ref' number.  Rung 02 and blocked both SIM and PHONE so nobody can use them.  What is my next move?  Will 02 give me another phone? Will they offer a discounted price for another phone? Can I barter a deal with them? I'm totally clueless as to what I do next and wondering if any poor soul as experienced the same as me!  Thank you for reading and hope someone can help. Cheers, Steven.

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

Sorry to say, but, no insurance, no new phone, no discount. You've at least done the right thing by reporting it to the police and to O2. O2 will give you a new SIM, but I'm fairly sure they won't help regarding a new phone.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions
Unfortunately there is little you can do apart from buying a replacement phone and get o2 to send a replacement sim to use with your contract.

This is the perils of no insurance.
iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 2 of 4

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

Sorry to say, but, no insurance, no new phone, no discount. You've at least done the right thing by reporting it to the police and to O2. O2 will give you a new SIM, but I'm fairly sure they won't help regarding a new phone.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 4

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Your only hope is that your home insurance covers you for personal items. Have a look at the policy.

Message 4 of 4