Did you mean: 

Lots of calls recently from unknown, 0203 and 0208 numbers

bwfcmad21
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi all,

Just recently i have had an influx of calls from 0203, 0208 and unknown number calls on my mobile all between 1 and 5 pm in the day time. I never really use to get many of these but is this something that is affecting lots of other people or is it just me that seems to be getting a lot more calls now of this type? Some i have managed to google and determine that they are just bogus calls but some don't associate with any searches.

Any help would be great.

Thanks

It looks like you landed on a popular topic that many are viewing!

Why not register to our community to be able to ask related questions if you need additional help, and interact with other members?

See also here some information on how to get started with the community and what other great things you could do here as a member. Smiley Happy

Community_STS_PAC2.png
Community_STS_1.png Community_STS_2.png
Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143445 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
I’ll add myself to the list of people getting these calls regularly.
I block small variations of the number daily!
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 11 of 16

Cleoriff
  • 122376 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

It happens to me as well. So you are obviously not alone @bwfcmad21. I just block each and every variation which comes in. Time consuming but the only way slight_frown

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 12 of 16

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions
And to me @bwfcmad21. A pain in the.... but you just have to keep blocking them. So rest assured you are far from alone.
Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 13 of 16

Andrew_H
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 14 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Checking marketing preferences in MyO2 will only affect marketing contacts from O2 or its partners. 

This will not stop marketing calls from anyone else.

I'd advise people to be really careful when registering their details on any companies website and read the opt in / opt out boxes carefully - sometimes it's "click here if you want to hear from us" and sometimes "click here if you don't want to hear from us". I've even seen examples where it was click to opt out on one option and click to opt in on the other, which would seem like they are trying to intentionally deceive people...

Message 14 of 16

Allanlowe
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi I’m getting a call from +7(931)709-27-4 every day for the past two weeks at 16.24 a Russia number
Message 15 of 16

MI5
  • 143445 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Allanlowe wrote:
Hi I’m getting a call from +7(931)709-27-4 every day for the past two weeks at 16.24 a Russia number

Just block it then they can't call again.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 16 of 16