cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Left o2

Anonymous
Not applicable
After months off getting no where with the O2 help line we decided to end our contracts. We got the puk numbers and we were told that we did not owe nothing but the airtime in which I paid. Now we are getting threatening letters from then saying we owe them over £300, has anyone else gone through the same thing and what did you do. 😬
Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

If you were on a Refresh contract then you would have needed to pay off the handset in full and then give 30 days notice to end the airtime.

If you used your PAC without without doing that then you have broken the terms of the contract and they are asking for payment in full.

What do they say the £300 is for, do you still have access to My O2? 

Give them a call and try and sort it out or you are going to have big problems. 

http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
  • 144170 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
You wouldn’t have to pay anything to get a puk as it’s just the unblocking code for your sim.
If you mean a PAC and you have ported your number away from o2 you will be liable for the remainder of your contract charges.
https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/How-To-Cancelling-Your-Contract-A-Guide/m-p/566...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 5

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

If you were on a Refresh contract then you would have needed to pay off the handset in full and then give 30 days notice to end the airtime.

If you used your PAC without without doing that then you have broken the terms of the contract and they are asking for payment in full.

What do they say the £300 is for, do you still have access to My O2? 

Give them a call and try and sort it out or you are going to have big problems. 

http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

Message 3 of 5

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

@Anonymous Who was it that told you that you owed nothing but the airtime when you were given your PAC? As stated in the posts above, you need to speak to Customer Service. If you hadn't paid off your device charges, then that's what the letters are about.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 4 of 5

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous! How are you getting on? Please do take a look at the advice above from our helpful members. Let us know if you've had any progress with this?

Thanks @MI5@jonsie & @Bambino

Message 5 of 5