Did you mean: 

Leaving Airtime

1461treab
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hello

Can i cancell my airtime plan and continue to pay my device plan?
Message 1 of 12
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@1461treab 

No sorry, only the other way around .

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/How-does-O2-Refresh-work/ba-p/1014093

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@1461treab 

No sorry, only the other way around .

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/How-does-O2-Refresh-work/ba-p/1014093

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 12

1461treab
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Has o2 not breached contract with the outage?
Message 3 of 12

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

No, the T&C's state that 100% uptime is not guaranteed.

1. 2.2 The Service isn't fault-free; a range of different geographic, atmospheric or other conditions or circumstances beyond our control can impair it. For instance, coverage is affected by things like the thickness or material of the walls of the building you're in. It might also depend on how many people near you are trying to use the Service at the same time. For more information about the things that affect coverage and data speeds, please look at the dedicated Network pages of our Website at o2.co.uk/network. You're entitled to the quality of service generally given by a competent mobile telecommunications service provider, using its reasonable skill and care. We will attempt to re-perform disrupted Services when possible. We may direct and manage traffic on our Network as is required to deliver this quality of service, including in some circumstances directing traffic onto different components of our Network such as 3G, 4G and wifi. You can disable wifi in the settings on your Mobile Phone or possibly other Equipment if you do not wish to use that part of our Network. We may also carry out upgrades, repairs and maintenance works to our Network from time to time. Sometimes technical issues, impaired quality of service or outages on our Network can occur. If something goes wrong, we'll try to fix it quickly.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 12

1461treab
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
But surly expired user licence agreements its not out of thier controll?

It could be argued this was caused by incompetance?
Message 5 of 12

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
I'm no lawyer mate so if you think you have a case for more compensation I suggest you seek legal advice.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 12

1461treab
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Tbh im not vothered about compensation just want to lrave O2 without paying a fortune
Message 7 of 12

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
You can sell your phone to pay off your device plan and leave for free if you wish.

Currently using:
Message 8 of 12

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@1461treab If you have a considerable amount of time left on the device part of your contract, paying that part off is what it will cost you to leave. There's no way around that. 

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 9 of 12

1461treab
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Does o2 offer a device buy back?
Message 10 of 12